Debra's Avatar
Debra  Debra is offline
sporadic magic
 
Join Date: 21 Sep 2006
Location: .
Posts: 15,130
Debra 

Alchemy is old, musty, dusty, scratchy pen, sepia-toned, saggy and baggy and with scrambled eggs in its beard.

Alchemical renewed is brightly shiny and sparkly, all smooth and firm and perky.

It's just wrong.
Top   #1591
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra
Alchemy is old, musty, dusty, scratchy pen, sepia-toned, saggy and baggy and with scrambled eggs in its beard.

Alchemical renewed is brightly shiny and sparkly, all smooth and firm and perky.

It's just wrong.
Nice One ! *claps*
Top   #1592
Muir Aingeal  Muir Aingeal is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Oct 2007
Location: The Cove
Posts: 1,134
Muir Aingeal 

I need to be de-enabled from the tarot of Jane Austen and the Llewellyn.


Thank you
Top   #1593
nisaba's Avatar
nisaba  nisaba is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Jan 2009
Location: Proudly Australian
Posts: 61,796
nisaba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderMist
I need to be de-enabled from the tarot of Jane Austen and the Llewellyn.

Thank you
Jane Austin is bright and chirpy and superficial in her *books*, and she's considered a great. Can you imagine how swollen her head would be if too many people bought teh *deck*?

And as for the Llewellyn, in the late nineties a friend of mine was writing a book under contract to them, and they got their editor to dumb it down, even to the point of making her take out the word "comprehend" and substitute "understand" instead because she would only confuse the readership and make them feel inferior. Now I boycott them. So should you.
Top   #1594
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba
And as for the Llewellyn, in the late nineties a friend of mine was writing a book under contract to them, and they got their editor to dumb it down, even to the point of making her take out the word "comprehend" and substitute "understand" instead because she would only confuse the readership and make them feel inferior. Now I boycott them. So should you.
WOW. I never knew that. OK, I'm signing this one too ! (well, the post.... perhaps not the policy )
Top   #1595
nisaba's Avatar
nisaba  nisaba is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Jan 2009
Location: Proudly Australian
Posts: 61,796
nisaba 

I strongly suspect you already have the deck - are you going to ritually burn it on top of a wind-swept mountaintop at midnight as an act of de-enablement?
Top   #1596
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba
I strongly suspect you already have the deck - are you going to ritually burn it on top of a wind-swept mountaintop at midnight as an act of de-enablement?
ER......
<pass>

Anyway I don't do mountains.

De-enable ME from the Kingdom Within deck - please.... I REALLY can't afford it but I am wavering anyway. And lack of money doesn't usually stop me.......
Top   #1597
Aerin's Avatar
Aerin  Aerin is offline
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer
 
Join Date: 26 Mar 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 7,266
Aerin 

I quote from Solandia's reviw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solanda
The Kingdom Within Tarot combines astrology, Qabalah, mythological archetypes, the elements, and the cyclical nature of the cosmos into 78 Tarot cards.
Now, anything that tries to combine that many darn things is probably doomed to make you feel inadequate. Not to mention answering questions by being a) annoyingly supercillious and patronising or b) just incomprehensible. Don't you think? Plus the artwork looks very digitised somehow and a bit collage-y.

Aerin

ps check out these pictures http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/kingdom-within/. The 4 of Pentacles is at best busy and at worst nothing to do with a 4 of Pentacles (keyword and picture seem to be about obtaining the stuff and nothing to do with guarding or keeping it). Too much going on in an unco-ordinated way in these cards IMO.
Top   #1598
nisaba's Avatar
nisaba  nisaba is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Jan 2009
Location: Proudly Australian
Posts: 61,796
nisaba 

<sorrowfully shaking head> I can't. My two Trusty Tarot URLs are both silent on the subject. Where did you hear of it - where can I go to find ammunition about it?
Top   #1599
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

ummm....

try harder, but you have some good points there....
Top   #1600
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.