A new de-enabling thread

Starshower

Hi girls. So sorry <crosses fingers behind back & stifles ecstatic grin> that I bought the Quantum after all your brilliant efforts.
But on the plus side, I did refrain from clogging up my flat with all the silly pretty round playing cards.

Now, could anyone please disabuse me about secretly rather fancying the garish, gimmicky but gripping Tarot of The Trance (on the Cards page)? Would it degrade my other decks any more than the few fairies & mermaids which sneaked into my collection as gifts (& which I manage to keep hidden in their - segregated - place)?

magpie9

Starshower said:
Now, could anyone please disabuse me about secretly rather fancying the garish, gimmicky but gripping Tarot of The Trance (on the Cards page)? Would it degrade my other decks any more than the few fairies & mermaids which sneaked into my collection as gifts (& which I manage to keep hidden in their - segregated - place)?
:bugeyed: ...but what if they breed?!?! I don't think you should chance it...it'll be worse than Godzilla and Tokyo.....<GASP>

PS~
I've thought about it and I think you can't, in good conscience, take the risk. It's one or the other, and since you are already infected...I mean already have the fairies and mermaids, you can't have the Trance, too.

Sorry :angel:

Starshower

"Already infected"?! :eek!:
But I said I keep them well-segregated! In quarantine, alone in a dark chest.
Only to be brought out in single decks, in the presence of children & teenagers, where they cannot get up to anything.

But give me 1 good reason (well, maybe 2 or 3, just 'to be sure to be sure') why I shouldn't order the weird & wacky Trance ... pretty please?!

Is it weird ENOUGH?
Might it read reasonably?
Does it (or is it a) joke?

Muir Aingeal

Le Fanu said:
The llewellyn I shall leave to others (but, by the way; recent editions have nasty, nasty cardstock and fraying organza - equally nasty - bag)

But the Jane Austen, what a waste of an opportunity. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to "do" the Jane Austen Tarot in comic style? Talk about misguided. It has these totally inconsequential (bet Llewellyn publishers wouldn´t let any of their tarot writers use that word) images.

This deck has nothing whatsoever to do with The Universe of Jane Austen. I scratch my head whenever I see it (and often confuse it with the Atlantis tarot; artist must be the same). Who on earth thought of this concept?

The ultimate gimmick deck.

Okay this helps because that was my hesitation with the Jane Austen, the comic book look to it and I agree what a missed opportunity!!

De-enabled, Thanks!

Still interested in the Llewellyn lol going to check out some more posts to see if anyone else put in anymore de-enabling on this one :)

thorhammer

Starshower said:
But give me 1 good reason (well, maybe 2 or 3, just 'to be sure to be sure') why I shouldn't order the weird & wacky Trance ... pretty please?!

Is it weird ENOUGH?
Might it read reasonably?
Does it (or is it a) joke?
It's pink. It's yellow. Blue and green - but never any of them in combination. See, the colours just don't gel with one another, and it ends up being a screaming garish mess of splodges on your reading cloth.

Every card is terrifyingly the same and reading with it - I kid you not - makes me feel rather manic. This is never a good thing. It makes me itch in the sort of way one expects to itch if scarabs get under your skin and begin eating you from the inside out.

I've now had the Neuzeit Tarot, the Sakki-Sakki, the Pearls of Wisdom and the trance. I've traded all of them except the Trance . . . and honestly, that's because it was a gift from a fellow ATer. It never sees the light of day. All these decks try for the psychedelic feel and end up being nothing more than confusing. One print is enough. 78 is truly overload.

\m/ Kat

Muir Aingeal

Okay, I still want the Llewellyn. I know it's wispy with poor cardstock and all but I still want it. I looked at the world card and it certainly was lacking to say the least lol but overall I still want it!

Help! I need some more de-enabling on this one!!

thorhammer

Oh, and thanks to everyone on the prophylactic effort on the Kingdom Without Hope . . . a resounding success on my part. Has been on my wishlist for ages and ages now, and now it is OFF. Never to return. Hideousness.

Now, where's that Enochian Tarot? :D})

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

cardlady22 said:
see posts 1501 and 1543
Oh no, I don't want to be turned off this one. I think that I should have at least *one* photocollage deck, and that's going to be the one. It's off-limits :D

\m/ Kat

gregory

LavenderMist said:
Okay, I still want the Llewellyn. I know it's wispy with poor cardstock and all but I still want it. I looked at the world card and it certainly was lacking to say the least lol but overall I still want it!

Help! I need some more de-enabling on this one!!
ALL the cards are lacking. And it's wishywashy.