A new de-enabling thread

Cat*

sapienza said:
I'm still undecided about the Soul Cards (I'd always wanted them but since getting them have never used them....they are kind of ugly.....) UNDECIDED!!!
There's a current thread about this deck with quite a few very negative opinions. If you feel strong enough to ignore the positive ones as the evil propaganda they are (of course! })), you might find more reasons not to keep these cards there...

Cat*

Aerin said:
ps Can anyone de-enable me from the Transparent? It is so expensive and I am torn between not wanting to spend the money at present and missing out.
Eventually you'll get something tiny but very hard and sharp-edged (like half a grain of sand) between your transparent cards. They'll scratch. This won't make them look well-worn and beautifully aged but cheap and ruined. You'll regret having spent the money.

magpie9

Cat* said:
Eventually you'll get something tiny but very hard and sharp-edged (like half a grain of sand) between your transparent cards. They'll scratch. This won't make them look well-worn and beautifully aged but cheap and ruined. You'll regret having spent the money.
You'll also be permanently pissed off at sand, which means no more lovely trips to the beach for you. You have to think ahead on this: Is any deck worth giving up the beach for?

Debra

I like the concepts behind the Transparent majors but the images on the minors, no. I think they look like the drawings of people you'd find in a junior high school student's notebook, when most people are drawing what they think people look like, rather than really looking. Aesthetically, the minors can't compare with the beautifully conceptualized and executed majors. So uneven...

sapienza

OK....I'm keeping the Arthurian. Still not sure about the Soul Cards (thanks for the link Cat, definitely food for thought). And then there is the New Century - surely someone can help with this one.

As a side note....I read here awhile ago that someone said this thread didn't help. Well, it's a great help to me, I've been de-enabled from so many decks by coming to this thread.....even some I hadn't even planned to get :)

Cat*

sapienza said:
As a side note....I read here awhile ago that someone said this thread didn't help. Well, it's a great help to me, I've been de-enabled from so many decks by coming to this thread.....even some I hadn't even planned to get :)
...and it's such a good place to say nasty things and have it be welcome! :D

thorhammer

sapienza said:
Thanks for all your help so far. I've got my local tarot meeting here in a couple of weeks and we are having a give-away/trade day so I'll probably take them to that unless anyone desperately wants them.......Kat??? :laugh:
Hey, I'll take 'em :D I always need fodder for trade trains! LOL Still want the Soul Cards, tho . . . :D

Cat*, you may just be evil, deep down inside yourself :)

\m/ Kat

magpie9

Cat* said:
...and it's such a good place to say nasty things and have it be welcome! :D
Yeah!!!!:thumbsup: :D

ilweran

Somebody tell me I don't need a copy of the 3rd Edition Vertigo Tarot. I have the 1st Ed but daren't use it, so I'm thinking if I got the 3rd I could actually use it rather than just admire it, but would I? Or would it just go with the rest of the collection? Would it matter when it's by Dave McKean and I love his art? But then I already have one I can look at. But I think I'd like to use it as well.

I don't know. Help!

Aerin

ilweran said:
Somebody tell me I don't need a copy of the 3rd Edition Vertigo Tarot. I have the 1st Ed but daren't use it, so I'm thinking if I got the 3rd I could actually use it rather than just admire it, but would I? Or would it just go with the rest of the collection? Would it matter when it's by Dave McKean and I love his art? But then I already have one I can look at. But I think I'd like to use it as well.

I don't know. Help!

No you wouldn't use it. Because the you'd say 'Oh but it is my only copy of the 3rd edition' and stuff like that. You could probably swap your first for several copies of the 3rd.... but I hear you say 'No!' So be honest. You DON'T want to use the deck at all but just admire it from afar. Also, the different editions might fight.

Thank you for the Transparent.... scratches do scare me. But 'beautifully executed Majors'.... hmmmmm.

Aerin