A new de-enabling thread

gregory

Alta said:
Yes, no kidding! I bought that deck because Holitzka did it because I am so enamoured of his I Ching deck. Just couldn't believe it is the same person. :( How could an artist go from spare beauty to such futz???
WOW ! I hadn't registered this ! Good point. And thanks nisaba - you HAVE picked my FAVOURITE foods.... I shall buy them at once !

Aerin

gregory said:
Quick - I need help. I want a handmade one that hasn't even been made yet and will cost me more than I have.....

I could start saving....

But it is just an RWS printing....

Arrgghh. It will be historically so interesting....

You said yourself.

IT IS JUST ANOTHER RWS PRINTING.

Don't 'historically interesting' me. How can it be?

Aerin

ps thinks of doing a colour photocopy and laminating it and trying to tell gregory it is historically interesting and handmade......

gregory

Aerin said:
ps thinks of doing a colour photocopy and laminating it and trying to tell gregory it is historically interesting and handmade......
Don't even THINK about it; I have now bought mangoes... (well, no, but I added them to the shopping list !)

SolSionnach

Alta said:
Yes, no kidding! I bought that deck because Holitzka did it because I am so enamoured of his I Ching deck. Just couldn't believe it is the same person. :( How could an artist go from spare beauty to such futz???
No kidding.

If I'd been aware that Holitzka did the Diamond, I might have not worked so hard to get the I Ching deck! The Diamond is a deenabler for the IC!

One day I will take out the I Ching deck and learn to use it. Of course, to do that you need to "know" the I Ching (which is itself a lifetime task). I'm 51 now. I'd have to start now, and live to 120 to begin to understand it!

But there it sits, making me feel guilty for not using it!

(just a wee bit of deenabling for that deck...)

Aerin

sravana said:
One day I will take out the I Ching deck and learn to use it. Of course, to do that you need to "know" the I Ching (which is itself a lifetime task). I'm 51 now. I'd have to start now, and live to 120 to begin to understand it!

But there it sits, making me feel guilty for not using it!

(just a wee bit of deenabling for that deck...)

No need to feel guilty. I once went to a problem solving seminar using the I Ching, and I ask you. All that bunkum about reeds and wind and so forth: made no sense to me. And if I did want to get into it I'd buy a book and use some coins and.... but then of course one would have to learn Chinese to make any sense of it except through someone's translation. Don't bother, I say.

Aerin

nisaba

Quick! Someone de-enable me from the Jackson Rumi Deck. Things are so bad that it's already in my shopping trolley - you don't have much time!

nisaba

You all *do* realise I may be cruelly forced to buy this deck?

nisaba

gregory said:
And thanks nisaba - you HAVE picked my FAVOURITE foods.... I shall buy them at once !
<smugly> I'm a bloody good reader.

nisaba

<shamefaced look> I can only hope it will go out of print and I'll be able to sell it for a bomb. Anyone would think you lot want me enabled, not de-enabled. <whimper>

NOBODY ELSE BUY IT! It's probably dreadful. I'll probably want to swap it later.

emmsma

well. It is a beautiful deck.

Maybe it will have crappy cardstock and you can lament in the worst deck thread, or somesuch.