Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Aerin 

The images look very stylised. Solandia only gives it a mediocre rating.

Last time I had a deck with very stylised images (Rune Tarot, also had the Moon Oracle) I liked the pictures but the deck read very badly. Nothing of depth to go off. This deck seems to me like it may well have the same effect. No real character - maybe nice wallpaper or fabric but that's it.

Aerin
Top   #1751
old

Starshower 

I came upon Liz Dean's Golden Tarot in a shop today (I wasn't looking, honest). On the few scans on here they look all strange & gentle & LOVELY! Sort of mock - medieval / modern / melancholy / Visconti-Sforza-ish melange ... but the gold box looked nice, and I can cope with pretty, pictureless pips, and, and, and ...
Help???????????
Top   #1752
Citizen

magpie9 

Golden--Really thin crummy cardstock.
Top   #1753
old

Starshower 

Oh dear, what a shame.
But the pics look so lovely .... Maybe if I were v careful with them?
[I sense a 'should I, shouldn't I' spread coming on.]
Thanks.
Top   #1754
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshower
I came upon Liz Dean's Golden Tarot in a shop today (I wasn't looking, honest). On the few scans on here they look all strange & gentle & LOVELY! Sort of mock - medieval / modern / melancholy / Visconti-Sforza-ish melange ... but the gold box looked nice, and I can cope with pretty, pictureless pips, and, and, and ...
Help???????????
O, please, I urge you, stop in your tracks!

I hardly ever trade decks, and this was a deck which was in my collection for less than 48 hours. I didnīt even add it to my profile/deck list through sheer shame. I traded it so fast. Before you could utter the words "shoddy cr*p" it had vanished forever from my collection.

And I fumigated and vigorously salted the part of my desk where it had briefly lain.

It is nasty, cheap, with appalling "bus-pass" lamination. Flimsy, insubstantial symbolism that you canīt get your teeth in. Lots of two-dimensional figures doing not very much.

O but lots and lots of special effort put into the box. And then it is shrink wrapped so you canīt see what youīre getting. References on the box to "gold", "sumptuous", "golden", "Visconti-Sforza."(I can feel from your post that the box has already worked its insidious magic with you too.)

And no mention whatsoever on the box of the words "rip-off" or "tat".

Gross misleading of the consumer.
Top   #1755
old

Starshower 
Successfully de-enabled.

Gulp!!! Splutter!!!
Fumigation-bad, eh?
Oh dear. And I'd set my heart on it - was going to buy it tomorrow instead of food for the week.
But if it's "all fur coat & no knickers" (as the saying goes), then perhaps I'll bow to your better wisdom & resist.
SO disappointed. But you're right, Le Fanu - I did fall for all that silly talk, & the wistful, melancholy, apparent beauty.

[I feel like Gollum arguing with himself here!]

But flimsy in symbolism besides cardstock? Only 2-D? I like my Tarot sets to have AT LEAST the 4 dimensions!
Plastic-coated?

OK, you win. At least I get to eat!
Cheers for the help.
Top   #1756
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshower
But if it's "all fur coat & no knickers" (as the saying goes), then perhaps I'll bow to your better wisdom & resist
Thereīs an Irish expression I like; "all gong and no dinner"...

That just about sums it up!
Top   #1757
Citizen

SolSionnach 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
O, please, I urge you, stop in your tracks!

I hardly ever trade decks, and this was a deck which was in my collection for less than 48 hours. I didnīt even add it to my profile/deck list through sheer shame. I traded it so fast. Before you could utter the words "shoddy cr*p" it had vanished forever from my collection.

And I fumigated and vigorously salted the part of my desk where it had briefly lain.

It is nasty, cheap, with appalling "bus-pass" lamination. Flimsy, insubstantial symbolism that you canīt get your teeth in. Lots of two-dimensional figures doing not very much.

O but lots and lots of special effort put into the box. And then it is shrink wrapped so you canīt see what youīre getting. References on the box to "gold", "sumptuous", "golden", "Visconti-Sforza."(I can feel from your post that the box has already worked its insidious magic with you too.)

And no mention whatsoever on the box of the words "rip-off" or "tat".

Gross misleading of the consumer.
Sravana stands and applauds.

If I'd ever considered buying that deck (heck, I don't even know what it looks like!) I would scratch it off my list so fast that your head would spin!

Brilliant, Le Fanu!! Brilliant, I say!!
Top   #1758
Citizen

sapienza 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardlady22
Please tell me why I don't need this OOP deck: Golden Dawn Magical Tarot by Sandra & Chic Cicero
ISBN: 1567181252
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...-dawn-magical/

Are there scans anywhere?
You can see scans of the whole deck here: http://******************.com/photos/...114/Gold_Dawn#

Personally, I think the scans here on AT make it look better than when you see the whole deck.
Top   #1759
Citizen

nisaba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
You can see scans of the whole deck here: http://******************.com/photos/...114/Gold_Dawn#

Personally, I think the scans here on AT make it look better than when you see the whole deck.
Hey! That almost enabled me!
Top   #1760
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.