A new de-enabling thread

Cat*

FaireMaiden said:
I mean, with such unrelated elements on each card, I thought I might as well go into what I call my all-purpose 'mania' drawer of odd 'n ends and stare for a few moments at the rubber bands, tube of neosporin, lint, broken eyeglasses awaitng repair, dead batteries, christmas-tree light-bulb replacements, church-key, dried-up wood glue, meat tenderizing mallet, etc etc to find the answer to my querent's question...
Now I want a reading from that drawer of yours... :bugeyed: Or possibly a tarot that was somewhat like that drawer.

The Voyager Tarot: Symbolic overkill. A Celtic Cross done with this deck might make your brain explode.

FaireMaiden

Cat* said:
A Celtic Cross done with this deck might make your brain explode.
*roflmao* 'This is your brain. This is your brain on the Voyager Tarot' *roflmao*

All Is One

I really dislike the Voyager tarot. It was the only deck owned by the man I lived with who taught me to do leather, although he would often draw and paint tarot imagery based on the RWS, so I knew he KNEW better....

Magpie9 said:
..........................Need Placemats?

That's good. And Fairemaiden and Cat, too. The testosterone in this deck is even more offensive in that it is a technology kind of testosterone. My memory of of things like spacecraft and phones and many ugly modern things used as symbols (hence the drawer imagery of FaireMaiden's working so well.

This was the deck where I first encountered digital collage. I would rather have a tarot based on TV commercials.

sapienza

Any reason why I shouldn't get the Nigel Jackson Medieval Enchantment? I never got it because of the wands/air, swords/fire thing, but I now think I can work with that.

thorhammer

sapienza said:
Any reason why I shouldn't get the Nigel Jackson Medieval Enchantment? I never got it because of the wands/air, swords/fire thing, but I now think I can work with that.
The backs are an outright insult to the fronts, the cards are too big to shuffle comfortably, the companion "book" is incomprehensible, there seems to be some big secret that it's imperative you know before being able to read the cards, and frankly, tho the cards are beautiful, they just don't read well.

How's that?

sapienza

That's pretty good Cat. Although I'm sure I read somewhere how much you love yours ;) Interesting to hear they don't read well though. I'm not totally de-enabled, but I'm certainly on 'hold' for now :)

thorhammer

I do love mine - as a 78-page art book :D

That said . . . whatcha got to trade?

\m/ Kat

MysticalMoose

They are big cards....but are much better when they're trimmed down to just the picture ;), see the trimming thread for pics of mine....I know, I know...I'm supposed to be de-enabling....but I'm just being honest...the deck is lovely but the book is useless.. Kat is right about there seeming to be some big secret....its a book full of "oompa-loompa"...I dont bother with the book, but I find the cards great :)

MM :D

Le Fanu

Another reason; you should be content with the lovely Ancient Italian you got this week from me in a trade! Lol

thorhammer

MysticalMoose said:
They are big cards....but are much better when they're trimmed down to just the picture ;), see the trimming thread for pics of mine....I know, I know...I'm supposed to be de-enabling....but I'm just being honest...the deck is lovely but the book is useless.. Kat is right about there seeming to be some big secret....its a book full of "oompa-loompa"...I dont bother with the book, but I find the cards great :)

MM :D
. . . and who would want to lop bits of card off an OOP deck??? Eh, MM?? ;)

Trust me, sapienza (a mad trimmer) - once you touch these cards, you won't be able to bring yourself to trim them . . . and they're useless without trimming.

Just avoid the Catch 22 :D

\m/ Kat