A new de-enabling thread

> Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

moderndayruth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory
No no (de-enables madly) mini decks are rude and have tantrums and you do NOT want one.... They will undermine their big brothers and sisters, so you should actually avoid BOTH sizes of EVERY deck that has a mini available, Just In Case.

This is - you note - a double de-enable, for karma points

Now - I have some micro decks... they are REAL trouble......
*mdr notes more karma points for Greg*

Did you say micro decks...? I have four, love them

Oh, did i mention i can actaully read them?
(But than i know those images cause i have both regular and giant editions of the very decks )

*no karma points for mdr this time*
Top   #331
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

I don't know if I can read with them. They are so small the cards keep flipping out of my hands when I try to deal them ! A definite de-enable there ! One time they slipped out of my hands while I was putting them back in their sleeve, and it took me AGES to find the last two.....
Top   #332
Citizen

moderndayruth 

Quote:
I don't know if I can read with them.
Of course you can!

Quote:
They are so small the cards keep flipping out of my hands when I try to deal them ! A definite de-enable there ! One time they slipped out of my hands while I was putting them back in their sleeve, and it took me AGES to find the last two.....
But, true, they are very small indeed, not 'handy' at all.
Top   #333
Citizen

nisaba 

<cackle> Somebody say mini-decks? I have one or two mini Rider-Waites (for teaching purposes) a mini Visconti which I love, but I poassibly own the smallest deck in the world: the Tarot Nova, which is two centimetres (less than an inch) my one centimetre. When you manage to get the cards into a pile, they are hither than their size is tall! And you can do a full Celtic Cross really easily inside a tablespoon.

Hard on the eyes, though. And fiendish to get back in the box. And difficult to shuffle, or even get all face-down on the table to table-mix.

Sometimes you have to have the *extreme* minis, just for the hell of it! It's an honoured, if unusable, part of my collection.
Top   #334
Citizen

moderndayruth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba
<cackle> Somebody say mini-decks? I have one or two mini Rider-Waites (for teaching purposes) a mini Visconti which I love, but I poassibly own the smallest deck in the world: the Tarot Nova, which is two centimetres (less than an inch) my one centimetre. When you manage to get the cards into a pile, they are hither than their size is tall! And you can do a full Celtic Cross really easily inside a tablespoon.

Hard on the eyes, though. And fiendish to get back in the box. And difficult to shuffle, or even get all face-down on the table to table-mix.

Sometimes you have to have the *extreme* minis, just for the hell of it! It's an honoured, if unusable, part of my collection.
Awww... that's so cool! And i guess i can always get a magnifying glass if it gets 'hard on the eyes'...
Top   #335
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

My micro Gnomi cards (which call themselves, helpfully, I Tarocchi Piu Piccoli del Mondo - and I keep them in an envelope, just in case they escape) are the same width - but narrower..... and I have a load of Meneghllo ones the same size as the Nova - Favoloso, Marsiglia, Tiplo Lusso and Popolare. I have another 10 of those, but no time just now....
Top   #336
Citizen

SolSionnach 

Quote:
Buy pictures of dogs instead. (I have the Gatti too, as I love cats.)
They are VERY lovely - but NOT tarot. Save money. You can't read with them, and they ain't cheap.
I'm a bit late here, but I have this deck, and I agree with gregory. There's not a SINGLE POODLE IN THE WHOLE DECK!!! and everyone knows that the World should be a poodle!!!!

The pics don't have much personality, either. ::hhumph::

As far as mini decks - all you need is one. I bought the mini jodo-camoin TdM, and that's plenty. It's hard to see! I don't plan to buy any other mini decks, though I might make a smaller version of Maat eventually...that is, make it into a normal-sized deck!
Top   #337
Citizen

magpie9 

Mini-decks are for doll houses. And then the dolls get all oppressed, and complain that they aren't appreciated and claim the tarot told them so. Best to just stay away from all that.
Top   #338
Resident

Knees of Bees 
Magical Forest?

Hello, it's my first time posting over here, but you folks have been so helpful to everyone else, I just had to see if you could de-enable a horribly compulsive shopper.

The bookstore up the street (next door to the grocery store where I need to buy cat food, mind you) has a used copy of the Magical Forest Tarot that's been tempting me for a while. Every time I go in there, it just stares at me with those creepily huge eyes. I love creepy cute stuff, so it seems right up my alley. Help?

Also, if you do de-enable me today, is it something I should save my pennies for? I've only seen a couple of sample scans.
Top   #339
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Oh dear.

Um.

Is it VERY cheap ?

Help me out here someone.....

No-one can say I am not compulsive....

Er - the eyes really are VERY big. And some of the cards are very creepy.

Would you want to read with it for others ? It does freak some people out..... and can you relate to creepy looking creatures for meaning ?
Top   #340
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.