A new de-enabling thread

thorhammer

NorthernTigress said:
Eww. Eww. Eww. I just saw the Hanged Man (men?) and the Devil. Eww.
I take it you're cured, then? })

\m/ Kat

cardlady22

NorthernTigress said:
Eww. Eww. Eww. I just saw . . . the Devil. Eww.

:eek: I will not complain about the one in my Lo Scarabeo ever again!!!!

NorthernTigress

thorhammer said:
I take it you're cured, then? })

\m/ Kat

[size=+2] Yes! [/size]

That was just.... so wrong. So very, very wrong.

Jewel

Ok I need some help. I am contemplating getting the Paulina Tarot. I would appreciate some assistance in de-enabling me ont his one.

P.S. Cat, the comment about the Power Animals being good to help one know they could do a better deck in a lunch hour totally cracked me up. I almost peed on myself I was laughing so hard!

cardlady22

Re: the Paulina

I can't hear that name without thinking of the Ultra Bad Lady from the Dennis Quaid movie, Undercover Blues. Thinks she's incredibly sexy; loses a lot in translation.

Those pointy chins are not cute- they are weapons! Remember, these are little wraiths; not fairies as they might like you to believe.

thorhammer

As has been said elsewhere, the art is lovely but it does tend to all look the same after a while. I may have made a hasty decision to put it on my wishlist, and I'm holding off to see how it goes for other people, not just the usual ravers. In the meantime, why not get a print of her work? It's got to be cheaper, and that way you can have the art without being overwhelmed by 78 teensy prints!

\m/ Kat

autumnsdaughter

Hee hee, Thorhammer enabled me with the Songs for the Journey Home deck... now I'm hoping to be de-enabled- I haven't got the money for it right now, but oh, I WANT!

Help me!

thorhammer

Just to confuse you :)

The cards aren't well-printed. They're grainy and the colour isn't uniform, particularly on the backs which has been the bane of my existence (you think learning is hard? Try not learning . . . as in, not learning which car is the really dark one!).

The art is super-amateur and a confusing mix of crayon, watercolour and coloured pencil. It could be called charming . . . if I was charitable . . . but really it's confusing and incompetent. Some cards are really beautiful, like Strength, but they're vastly outnumbered by the confusing and ugly ones, like the Emperor and 9th Wind Song.

And while we're on that - What's with the damn Songs??? It's taking the theme way too far. And it gets old really fast.

Useless without the book because so many cards are non-traditional. The book and deck set is very expensive and the book isn't illustrated. The pages are dodgy quality paper and the printing is uneven from page to page. Might seem a small thing, but it's not. It annoys me.

\m/ Kat

cardlady22

thorhammer said:
And while we're on that - What's with the damn Songs??? It's taking the theme way too far. And it gets old really fast.

Do you mean the artist picked a song to illustrate for each card in the deck? This sounds too reminiscent of car trips with the family. I distinctly remember a cassette tape of Alvin & Chipmunks doing oldies like "What's New, Pussycat" and (gulp) Elvis! (which is the only way my mother would have allowed us to listen to such)

thorhammer

cardlady22 said:
Do you mean the artist picked a song to illustrate for each card in the deck? This sounds too reminiscent of car trips with the family. I distinctly remember a cassette tape of Alvin & Chipmunks doing oldies like "What's New, Pussycat" and (gulp) Elvis!
ROFL No, just each suit is renamed - Wave Songs, Flame Songs, Earth Songs and Wind Songs. The Courts are now Shell Songs and the Majors Life Songs (I think?). So the 4 of Wands becomes the Fourth Flame Song - kinda hard to say. Makes me feel like a dick when I'm trying to say a reading out loud. I end up just saying "4 of Wands" . . . and may as well be using a RW.

\m/ Kat