A new de-enabling thread

Queen of Disks

Ok, I just saw the Anna K online. I don't get what the hype is about. The people in it are ugly, and I agree, the Empress is scary. She looks like she is about to beat somebody up.

My question is, what is with the Ten of Swords? The guy who got skewered by the swords just gets up and walks away? Is he a zombie or something? Maybe he is still walking around because he want to eat your braaaaiiiiins...})

Emily

I think she had drew the Empress to also show the negative qualities in her. I'm not keen on this deck but its a new and innovative way to show the Empress. But to me its just another RWS clone deck and I'm off that road at the moment. :)

Dusk Till Dawn

Nightgarden said:
Ace of wands!!!
Oh my! I didn't look at the Closeup before! Thanks for that, now I am De-enabled!!

Nightgarden

It seems, that I've done a good job in de-enabling.
But there are sooo many Decks, who wants to have new home-awful lot to do!

I will try my best...

karen0205

Queen of Disks said:
Ok, I just saw the Anna K online. I don't get what the hype is about. The people in it are ugly, and I agree, the Empress is scary. She looks like she is about to beat somebody up.
I think the deck is popular because she has a different style of artwork, it's
different, something unusual, which gets a lot of attention.
She does do nice work and I do like the look of the cards, the colors, etc.
My problem is that her faces are a little off-putting, like on the Empress card
and the Lovers card. They remind me of those dried apple dolls you see
at craft fairs where the head is a dried up apple. All the people on the Sun
card seem like they all have the same face too.

SolSionnach

Anna K

All I can say was that I didn't need to look at more cards, once I saw that Empress (though I did look at the whole deck, and was NOT impressed). And Le Fanu's comparison to the Cabbage Patch dolls is right on - that's exactly what they look like.

Frankly, I'd be embarrassed to show that deck to anyone else.

FM, if you want info on the deck, you might consider the thread about it in this forum... I'm sure you can have your questions answered there.

gregory

MysticalMoose said:
However.......I would LOVE to see something decoupaged with the Paulina

magpie9 said:
EUE, MM............you do have a really evil streak, don't you? Do come sit by me and lets say horrible things about decks, shall we?
How about one of those toilet seats on Etsy .... })

MysticalMoose

:D

Those pointy chins might be a tad uncomfortable :bugeyed:

nisaba

I haven't bought anything in a couplwe of weeks now, and I'm getting twitchy. I have five decks in mind, but really, the decks are beside the point. I own thirty-seven or thirty-eight decks I think - can anyone do any convincing de-enabling on me generally that will last from moment of temptation to different moment of temptation, with my holding the full knowledge that at least two friends of mine own between three and five times as many decks as I do?

What can you do for me, people?

Gregory?