A new de-enabling thread

Cat*

cardlady22 said:
Lassie! Lassie! Find Timmy, girl!
Get Timmy away from the tarot shop!

(I think you've found the ancient source of the true divinatory meaning of the Collie here... I shall mention you in the accompanying 350-page book to my dog oracle collage masterpiece. :D)

FaireMaiden

VGimlet said:
And FaireMaiden, not only should you wait until you don't have to finangle your finances for the Anna K, those faces do look like apple-head dolls, and not very well carved at that. The artwork is not proportionate, and the colors are garish.
Thanks, VG... I got over the 'urge' to buy the Anna K... I will have it some day, but not now.

As I said, it was pleasantly distracting me from the issues I'm having to deal with... so... instead, I ran head-long into researching about the difficulties I'm facing. Online research really takes it out of you... no energy left to contemplate anything other than the research itself, and the copious notes that go along with it, *lol*

The compulsion to buy passed, and I'm grateful to those posters who helped me along the way, {{{hugs}}}

gregory

Walmart has some very nice long sleeved Tees on special. Go there instead ! I shall, in the morning !

MysticalMoose

Any noodles left?

Phew the noodle slapping must have worked! :D

I am happy to see this thread has returned to its normal wonderfully bizarre self.I was very worried a few pages back, it all got so...well....sensible! :bugeyed:

Now, I have already made a few online purchases this week which I didnt want denabling from :p but......I now find myself in perilous danger of buying the Steele Wizard, I have lusted after it for ages! Now I know there are chipping "issues" with black cardstock, I have the Merryday & that doesnt really bother me at all. So folks, is there any real reason why I should be deterred????

MM :)

thorhammer

Now, come on! How many RW clones does a girl need??? It's ugly, all those weirdly huge and out of proportion borders in oddly shaded coloured-pencil-on-an-acid-trip colour schemes. The borders are coded for the suits - and let me tell you, THAT DOES NOT WORK!!!! It makes for the lazy Tarotist! You find yourself looking for a card and rather than looking at the images, you're "cheating" and just looking for a certain border!

The artwork is shoddy in a weird Hudes-like way. It's like it wanted to meld the Diary of a Broken Soul, MerryDay, Hudes and Hanson-Roberts.

And aren't the cards ginormous? You'll find yourself wanting to trim them, and with those borders you just won't be able to, and then you'll be in a neverending flurry of "Will I? Won't I?" and end up never using the deck.

Plus, it's expensive. Kind of like the Whimsical that I bought today :D

\m/ Kat

MysticalMoose

Well.....Hmmmm...I really really like the art, love the colours against the black. I love the Hudes & have been considering getting that too! ~ & I even like the bright borders, ~ the bit that does concern me very slightly is the size...I used to love huge decks but more recently have preferred something a little more hand~sized, the MRP decks are about the largest I use now since I trimmed the DruidCraft...& yes it is a little expensive...

Re The Whimsical, I bought that too with the companion book & never use the darn thing, but its very cute & shuffles like a dream :D ~ plus my daughter loves it so I guess it was worth the expense :rolleyes:

Cat*

Of course I did check out the Dog Tarot first thing today. Wow. :bugeyed: It's even worse than I imagined. Think Lassie on LSD, tortured by Photoshop. My synapses still twitch in pain. I shall go and look at some nice black words on nice white paper now, with not a trace of tarot. That should calm my brain electrics down.

I will say, however, that we are free to lust after this deck since it's (THANK YOU, UNIVERSE!!!) unpublished. So, if anyone enjoys visual overkill that reliably destroys a sizeable amount of braincells whenever applied, go ahead, look at the doggies! :D

Re: Steele Wizard: I recently got a reading with it, and while the reading was fine, I agree with everything nasty that can ever be said about the borders. *shudder*

thorhammer

Cat* said:
Of course I did check out the Dog Tarot first thing today. Wow. :bugeyed: It's even worse than I imagined. Think Lassie on LSD, tortured by Photoshop. My synapses still twitch in pain. I shall go and look at some nice black words on nice white paper now, with not a trace of tarot. That should calm my brain electrics down.

I will say, however, that we are free to lust after this deck since it's (THANK YOU, UNIVERSE!!!) unpublished. So, if anyone enjoys visual overkill that reliably destroys a sizeable amount of braincells whenever applied, go ahead, look at the doggies! :D
Dear Gods (Dogs? :D) I thought you were exaggerating. I hadn't looked till just now.

What?? What? Were they thinking?

\m/ Kat

:confused:

gregory

Steele Wizard. That is one weird deck. Not least because it is the ONLY deck I have that feels like if you dropped the cards they might BREAK..... and yes - the borders - do we have a vomit smiley ? And they are so big you have to lay them out on the floor.....

As for those dogs - well, we all know gregory doesn't do dogs. But if she DID.... this would finish all that.... What predates on dogs ? Here, whatsits, whatsits, whatsits....

Cats rule, OK })

cardlady22

The name "Steele Wizard" absolutely does NOT describe this deck! I was expecting a Pierce Brosnan-Remington Steele ultra-modern thing. I was even humming the theme song & hearing Laura's husky, sultry voice. NOT! I mean, the artwork is well done and the style appeals to the part of me that prefers Celtic/Nordic oracles, but the borders are too much.