A new de-enabling thread

.traveller.

Debra said:
Ok, throw away your sweater and your vitamin pills. Take your money and blow it on a really good time with lots of dangerous substances, fast cars, and loose friends. If you don't have any of these, wave your money around and some will materialize. You'll wake up one morning with your tidy little collection of decks you already have, and you'll remember that "lost week" for the rest of your life.
Now that is my kind of de-enabling })
Although... I wonder how much of that lost week you'd actually remember :laugh:

karen0205

swimming in tarot said:
LeFanu (most recently) et al:
Deviant Moon...what do you mean, it's plastic? You mean the faces, or the cards? I went to the artist's website from this one, and his work was gorgeous. Do you mean, his original art is gorgeous, and USG shinied and cheapened it? AAAAAACK!

That's putting it nicely. Shiny is an understatement. That deck is so shiny you can't read with it near any
light bulbs, they just reflect off the cards. You can't stack the deck on the table, they slide all over.
Very bad production. Such a shame. I bought 2 copies I was so excited
because the artwork on the website was so great. I opened them and promptly
sold them both. Very disappointing.

autumnsdaughter

Help! I really really really want the Oracle of the Dragonfae and Natalie Hertz's Faerie Tarot! PLEASE convince me to not get them!

I am THIS close to hitting checkout at amazon....

cardlady22

The Dragonfae is done by a collection of artists, so there are going to be a few that just don't click with the others. Besides, they named themselves that so the dragons would think they were distant relations and not eat them! haven't you seen the T shirt? "for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"

The LoS Fairy tarot? Lamb Chop meets Garden Gnomes?! Please, honey! Do yourself a favor and just log off the Internet completely until tomorrow. Let the one-eyed King go to bed and come back when the Queen of Diamonds can guide you to better choices.

thorhammer

cardlady22 said:
The LoS Fairy tarot? Lamb Chop meets Garden Gnomes?! Please, honey! Do yourself a favor and just log off the Internet completely until tomorrow. Let the one-eyed King go to bed and come back when the Queen of Diamonds can guide you to better choices.
Nah, she means this one.
It's super shiny and all the borders are, bewilderingly, different colours :confused: The backs are blah and the aspect ratio is too small, i.e. it's fat. Hard to shuffle because of the super-lamination.

It's cute. It's nice. It's shallow. There is no originality in it and the Courts are the same picture in each suit, just with different clothes on, a different horse/familiar/landscape. Copout.

I don't have the DragonFae but it looks worse for shallowness than the Faerie. Paycheck deck. Wannabes. Wish-fulfilment on a really pathetic scale.

\m/ Kat

magpie9

Natalie Hertz's Faerie Tarot

I succumbed to this one, and "positive" does not even begin to cover it. It's dementedly cheerful. It's on Laughing Gas and speaks in a squeaky high voice. It's bubblegum. It's hyperactive, and you have to put velcro on the ceiling to keep track of it. It's the perfect deck for a 7 year old girl's slumber party.This deck is a secret vice you have to hide in public, like the gnomes and Barbie's you still play with when no one's looking. You could be laughed out of Grown-Up Tarot Town.
You really don't want this one if you have any self-respect at all, and want to keep it.
Trust me; I Know These Things.

MysticalMoose

My daughter wanted the Fairy Tarot so I took her to my friends who has it so she could see all the cards. She looked, shuffled & proclaimed it "too babyish"...she is 11, so there ya go :D

thorhammer

MysticalMoose said:
My daughter wanted the Fairy Tarot so I took her to my friends who has it so she could see all the cards. She looked, shuffled & proclaimed it "too babyish"...she is 11, so there ya go :D
:laugh: That's priceless, MM :) If that doesn't turn someone off the deck, nothing will!

\m/ Kat

moderndayruth

MysticalMoose said:

:D :D :D

gregory

magpie9 said:
I succumbed to this one, and "positive" does not even begin to cover it. It's dementedly cheerful. It's on Laughing Gas and speaks in a squeaky high voice. It's bubblegum. It's hyperactive, and you have to put velcro on the ceiling to keep track of it. It's the perfect deck for a 7 year old girl's slumber party.This deck is a secret vice you have to hide in public, like the gnomes and Barbie's you still play with when no one's looking. You could be laughed out of Grown-Up Tarot Town.
You really don't want this one if you have any self-respect at all, and want to keep it.
Trust me; I Know These Things.
She's right. And it is a baby deck.... 7 y/o - too old by then, I'd say. 4 y/o more like !