Lenormand Oracle: I Can't As Hard As I Try

jrr01

I try to predict and read with the lenormand oracle and I can't come up with anything, the hard part is the combinations :-( I can come up with so little of them. I don't want to buy books, I want it to come from me. Anyone got a list of combos? Thanks.

No Puedo Con Ellas, Son Unas Mamarachas, :(

thorhammer

Don't feel too discouraged, hon :) I had the Russian Gypsy Fortunetelling Cards, which I believe are similiar to Lenormand, and try though I did, they were ridiculous and impenetrable to me. I ended up gifting them away to another ATer and hardly think of them :D much happier now. It frustrated me no end!!

\m/ Kat

Bernice

Hi Jrr01,

I've found the lenormand to be very accurate. But must confess I have Sylvie's book and took (a small) part in her workshop here. Actually, I'm using the (i)principal(/i) that underlies her method for the combinations. She has a very logical approach to how the cards fall, i.e. whether to the left or right in a pairing.

Not explaining this very well.... sorry. In the end you've got to make some firm decisions about how you want the cards to speak to you, and stand by them. Then the deck sort-of 'works' with you.

Bee

lark

Bernice said:
Hi Jrr01,

I've found the lenormand to be very accurate. But must confess I have Sylvie's book and took (a small) part in her workshop here. Actually, I'm using the (i)principal(/i) that underlies her method for the combinations. She has a very logical approach to how the cards fall, i.e. whether to the left or right in a pairing.

Not explaining this very well.... sorry. In the end you've got to make some firm decisions about how you want the cards to speak to you, and stand by them. Then the deck sort-of 'works' with you.

Bee
I think this is so true...you seem to need to pick a method with these cards and stick to it and then they start talking.
I have Silvie's book too and it's the only one I use now.
Before I was trying to understand and incorporate all the different systems and it was so confusing I almost gave up.
Sticking with one method really was the "kick start" for me.....I love these little cards....I find them so perfect for getting straight to the point of a question.

Astraea

lark said:
you seem to need to pick a method with these cards and stick to it and then they start talking.
I agree completely with this - the key does seem to be persistence with a specific method, working systematically (but not grimly!) through each reading and "corraling" the cards within that technique. At some point, they do start to talk and they get right to the point, as you say, Lark!

jrr01

You guys are right, Thanks a million...

MatPoint

Sorry jrr01, you don't want to buy books, you want it to come from yourself and then you ask for a combinations list, and info.

There's no way it'll come from yourself, if you don't study and if you don't want to invest money, you'd be very limited. There is a difference between learning the basics of a system and becoming proficient on it.

Sorry if the truth hurts you, it is not my intention.

Gastate el dinero hombre, no seas roñoso! LOL (just kidding)

Mat

jrr01

>LOL @ MatPoint<

I don't have a problem spending on books, I just want it to come from my self. But I guess your right...

Creeme que roñoso no soy. roñoso sos vos ;)

I para desifrar, Tengo libros que me an costado $250

Astraea

jrr01 said:
I don't have a problem spending on books, I just want it to come from my self.
Eventually the meanings do come from yourself, but first you have to have a structure for those internal signals to bounce off of - the structure is provided initially by a system, whether it's Sylvie's or the Treppner course, or some other method. If you choose a system that resonates with you and stick with it, the cards will begin to speak to you via the system you've chosen. The system becomes a bridge between you and the cards, and the longer you stay with it, the stronger the bridge will be.

Remember: System=context. Without context, the cards represent disembodied bits of information flying through the air. The system selects from that information according to its own rules and arranges the bits in a way that is internally consistent and sensible. If you discipline yourself to learning a system, the system will train your understanding and at that point, the meanings will come from within you and you will be able to explore other systems and methods without confusion.

And let the learning process (which never ends) be fun! The Lenormand, more than any other type of cards I've encountered, works best when it's approached with relaxation, good humor and a spirit of lively, open-minded curiosity.