Rainring: the final cards

94stranger

Those of you who have watched, or indeed noticed the Rainring cards Masterclass 5 - the tally and descriptions of the individual cards - roll out over the last months must from time to time have wondered when it was all going to end! The answer is: NOW.

There are 81 cards in the web version of Rainring, divided into 9 sets of 9 cards each, or 9 groups of 9, depending how you look at them. I have now given the extended directory meanings for all these cards except those of group 9 - the brown ones: Ebb, Flow, Tides, The Stranger, Raindance, Quest-ion?, Legacy, Play and Crossing.

I have explained that I intend to withhold the text of these 9 cards until I can find a publisher for a book on Rainring, which will include the directory extended meanings for ALL 94 CARDS. In the meantime, for those who are using the web version, it is now possible to purchase the SUMMARIES of the extended directory entries for All the 81 cards on the web, including group 9. (This is in the form of a comb-bound double A4 laminate, full colour and printed on both sides. It is the Rainring bible of meanings in a super-concentrated format.)

I should remind those interested that the hard copy version of the cards contains not 81, but 94 working cards, of which 4 are in the pack and 9 (the umpires) outside it. For several of these extra cards, no image exists on the web. One is featured in Solandia's revue here on Aeclectic, and there is one on my blog (see Psyche attachment below). One or two (umpires) are also featured on the Rainring cards web site in the 4-mention cards section, and at various places on my blog. There is also a 'non-working' card: because it is an image on the back of the cards' box! (see Rainbearer attachment below)

The difference between the web and hard copy versions, I should make clear, is the difference between 162 possible readings on the web and approximately 7500 - seven thousand five hundred - in the hard copy. This is because of a feature which exists in no other pack of cards to my knowledge: the umpires.

This concludes the Masterclass 5; there will be at least one further class: on how to ask questions of the Rainring cards.

It remains only to say to you all: enjoy your divining with Rainring!

Attachments

• 84-Psyche-4M.jpg
    84-Psyche-4M.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 102
  • RAINBEARER.jpg
    RAINBEARER.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 86