Living Tarot by Ann Walker

Ambrosia

Anyone heard of this? I found it for $1 at a local second hand shop. Cant find absolutely anything about it. The book is put out by Capall Bann Publishing, and was published in 1994.
Does anyone have this? If so, what do you think? Its a strange little book with weird printing, kind of like old~school computer printing, and the pictures look photocopied. The illustrations are the Hanson Roberts cards.

There is another book called Living "the" Tarot, but this is not the same.

Scarlet27

Couldn't find much about this book either.
This is what it says under "product description" in Amazon:

A simple guide to the Tarot, for both divination and discovery of the inner self requiring no previous knowledge. This book commences with background information on how the Tarot works and a brief history of the origin. The book includes a number of layouts for the Tarot, from simple layouts for the beginner to more complex spreads for the experienced practitioner. The text is well illustrated, making the information easy to follow and apply. 110 pages, illustrated.

Sorry I can't give you further help.
Hope you find what you need about the book.

Ambrosia

Thanks for your reply :)

Yes I was just hoping to find someone with this book to find out what they think of it. Doesnt seem very common. Has a few cool ideas in it, but is quite a simple book. It says its fully illustrated, but really there are only bad copies of the cards in the back, so that you cant even see some of them properly.
Weird.

avalonian

I don't know much about the book except that it was published by an independent publisher, here is the website if it's any help:
http://www.capallbann.co.uk/

:) :) :)

Ambrosia

Thankyou Avalonian. :)
Hmm, it seems noone has really heard of this book. We will see if anyone comes out of the woodwork.

avalonian

Well, if you don't find out anything else, at least you know that it's well travelled, having started out over here in Somerset. There must be a fascinating story there, it's a shame books can't talk.

Ambrosia

avalonian said:
Well, if you don't find out anything else, at least you know that it's well travelled, having started out over here in Somerset. There must be a fascinating story there, it's a shame books can't talk.

Yes, if books could tell a story....oh wait, they can lol.
But seriously it is fascinating to think what its life has been, what it has taught people, where its been, who has loved it, and how it has ended up in someone elses hands.....

thorhammer

Ambrosia, I take it that you bought it? If so, you'd be in the best position to do an in-depth review of it for Aeclectic, and Amazon too if you wished. I'd like to hear more about it, for one.

\m/ Kat

Ambrosia

Well thankyou for the suggestion Thorhammer, though im not sure id be balanced enough in my opinion of it. I bought it for $1 and I wouldnt pay anymore for it.
But thats my personal opinion, I wouldnt want to put others off with my biases :D
I will think about it though. How does one go about writing a review by the way? Would I contact the moderators?
Cheers,

Michelle