A book for beginners

tarotgimp

I'm not sure if this constitutes as a "beginner" type book but i'm starting to really love "Tarot Theory and Practice" by Ly de Angeles. I'm actually trying to start a study group on this one. If anyone is interested drop me one on the thread I started in the study group forum. If there's enough people interested we can get this thing rolling...By the way, I don't care if you are a total beginner or a seasoned tarot professional all are welcome to join as I believe many people can benefit from this book. Best of luck!

tarot gimp

-blessed be

metal_romantic

Ninalii said:
I like The complete idiot´s guide to Tarot and The complete idiot´s guide to Tarot Spreads.

They are funny, easy to read and they have good examples =)

I can second that. I bought the Tarot Spreads one, and it's very helpful. I wanted the first one, but I felt it might be too beginner-y for me. I still consider myself a beginner, but maybe more of an advanced-beginner. I feel it would be excellent to start with though.

I bought Eileen Connolly's Handbook for the Apprentice and am about to start working through that.

ann823

I learned last night on another AT beginner book thread about Joan Bunnings website called learntarot.com. I took a quick look and it looks good. It's supposed to have about everything the book does and it's free.

Half.com is also good for used books and if you get more than one book from the same seller the shipping cost is reduced(amazon used books doesn't do this).

I'm getting the Robin Wood deck and now I want the book. Thank you(?!)so much all you enablers....

Ann