Question on dreams about a dead person

Musie

I wanted to get some of your opinions on the subject.
If you have a dream about a dead person, that you are actually meeting with their spirit in the astral?

I have been meeting a dead person in my dreams quite a bit lately (I have met dead people before) but I don't know why this person is contacting me, but I must remember to ask next time! I want to know your opinions on the subject. The reason I want to know is because this person is/was well known to many people in the world and I find it difficult to understand why someone of this status would come to me and not someone else so I want to know whether this is just a bogus dream (just a reflection of my emotional state) or the real deal. This recurring dream is not a nightmare either. Thanks!

Centaur

It depends. Is this someone whom you admire a great deal? Are you a 'fan' of this person?

I had a similar experience with one of my friends who passed over a few years ago. He was only 21 at the time, and it was really awful. Anyway, he got in so much trouble in his life, and people were treating him like crap, then the next minute he was dead. I couldn't attend the funeral because the people who I would have been travelling to the funeral with were people who I felt were in some way 'responsible', yet here they were acting all nice and sympathetic. I was repulsed. The funeral was very far, so I didn't attend. That night I had a dream that my friend came to me in my kitchen. We chatted for a while, and then he said his goodbyes. I woke up feeling very good. I felt like we had a chance to part.

zorya

while i do believe that those who've crossed over can visit us in our dreams, it is very rare.

as this is a well known person, whom i assume you didn't know personally? i would suspect they are just a symbol of something else.

what does this person mean to you? what were they about? are there any concerns or things going on in your life associated with these things?

i think it's a great idea, next time you have this dream, to ask them why they are there. even if it's not an actual visit, the answer will have meaning.

cheekyminx

Musie said:
I wanted to get some of your opinions on the subject.
If you have a dream about a dead person, that you are actually meeting with their spirit in the astral?
I have been meeting a dead person in my dreams quite a bit lately (I have met dead people before) but I don't know why this person is contacting me, but I must remember to ask next time
centaur20 said:
I had a similar experience with one of my friends who passed over a few years ago...........That night I had a dream that my friend came to me in my kitchen. We chatted for a while, and then he said his goodbyes. I woke up feeling very good. I felt like we had a chance to part.

I can relate. My sister had a dream that dad came to her & told her that she will fall pregnant soon & have a baby girl. And yep, she sure did! My sister often dreams of dead relatives, mother has had a few dreams as well. I don't remember my dreams *sigh* unless I'm awoken unexpectedly. I think that departed ones do contact us through our dreams, I know I would most definitely contact my child, mother, parter etc by dream.

Musie

This is so strange this topic came back up again because I was just wondering about the subject again. Reason being is that I just had a lucid dream and met my dead grandfather. I only managed to be able to ask him a couple of questions, good thing I asked him how he was doing since that is what my family wonders about the most. Odd thing he didn't look like I remembered him. He looked much younger and so incredibly healthy and he was happy. He is living in that level of 4th dimension where most of us go when we die. Unfortunately I lost connection with him and I couldn't maintain the dream being lucid anymore, it is difficult to remain conscious in a dream! So I slipped in a lower level of dreaming to my chagrin and it stopped being lucid *sighs*, but it was a wonderful experience! I have dreamt of maybe a couple of other loved ones of mine, plus a couple of dead pets I've had. These dreams of real dead people are rare for me, but I embrace them when I get them.

fatham

I dreamt of my great grandmother immediatly after she died. It was obvious to me that she wanted my family to move on without her because she sent us down a river without her in the dream. I felt weird at the funeral because everyone was sad and I was not one bit upset. Death is a weird thing, especially when you don't believe it is final.