21 ways OR Tarot for Yourself?

coyoteblack

AJ said:
There is a whole section here devoted to 21 ways. It hasn't been active for a few months,

I was part of the group that was doing 21 ways. We finsihed the first section then wewent for he advanced section and sort of hit a bump. Me and Jewel will finish it up after new years.

I know both book pretty well I would not read 21 ways first. Many people like tarot for your self and 78 degrees of wisdom or beginners. Personally I used tarot for a new generation as my first book and went to the other two books, I can recommend a lot of books as I like to read but I need an idea of exactly what you are looking for.

magpie9

21 Ways first, unless you need training wheels.

minrice

My vote is for 21 ways as well, this is the book that really helped me turn a corner with Tarot!

Onyx

Loads of great opinions

I have both and I have read both and I love both. I use Tarot for Yourself more as it seems to help me understand how I can use the cards while 21 ways is about helping me to read the cards better.

I think I would have to fall on 21 Ways first though it is a bit of a surprise. It is very user friendly, a nice big book that can be used by any level of student.

But if I may throw in a word for Mary Greer's book on Reversals. It is awesome and should be considered too. It provides both upright and reversed meanings but more than that it illustrates the ideas and thoughts behind the use of reversals that compell you to consider the cards upright even more clearly.

Onyx.

hippiewitchie

Most of you seem to be really going for 21 ways first. As I got that one from the library and purchased Tarot for Yourself, it makes more sense that way as well. Thank you all for your input!