5 of pentacles - positive meanings?

Stargirl

Hi all,

I am using the Vision Tarot deck and have been pulling the 5 of pentacles a lot lately. To me it symbolizes feeling a lack of some kind -- lack of money, lack of good health, lack of support, feeling isolated, etc. I was wondering if anyone here has felt a positive spin on this card? I occasionally draw in reference to my own feelings about things, but sometimes surrounded by positive cards.

Would love to hear any positive spins on this card!

Thanks...

Debra

I see it as persistence in the face of adversity. You don't need a lot to survive.

wind

For me this card always represented help from someone else. When I was in deep trouble, financially, also when I was facing eviction. Someone came up and saved me.

Stargirl

Thanks... this adds some perspective...

balenciaga

Well, if one considers this numerically, one could say with the 4 of coins one was holding on tightly to oneself, not letting anything "slip". By the 5, the person realizes in order for change to happen (5), a risk has to be taken; one has to make a good faith payment. The person has to put themselves on the line (with money, with time), make a necessary sacrifice, in order to change things.

blackairplane

I had the card come up for me over and over in a year in which I was helping someone in my family who was going through a hard time. I often read the card as a situation in which you are required to help someone you love, and are glad to, but that this helping causes you some financial distress as well.

afrosaxon

Marriage (from the Ettellia meaning) (my favorite, and how I usually interpret this card)

Two people sticking it out--together ("us" against the world).

A couple; a joined force, in tandem (New Orleans Voodoo Tarot)

T.

blackairplane

afrosaxon said:
Marriage (from the Ettellia meaning) (my favorite, and how I usually interpret this card)

Two people sticking it out--together ("us" against the world).

A couple; a joined force, in tandem (New Orleans Voodoo Tarot)

T.

Yeah, thats how I see it too, a long familiar love haul: as in love is "what you have been through with somebody". Sickness and health sort of thing, but I think it can extend to others you love and care about not just husbands and wives.

le fey

Not sure I can even articulate this right, because I'm not Catholic... but many with holy orders take on a vow of poverty and surely it's intended as a positive act? I may be way off but I think the idea is letting go of what you own - what ties you to the material - in order to develop spiritually, esp. in terms of learning to trust in the sacred to provide what you need?