Nancy Garen Creating your own tarot

Ravenlady

Hi there! I would like to know if there is someone who has read this book (Nancy Garen Creating your own tarot cards) and what is your opinion about it? Is it any good or just a waste of money? :)

Ravenlady

HOLMES

yeah it is a good book

it is severly out of print, so you will have to order it used (i think)

I got mine from the store when it was still avialable
i like it for she creates her own tarot , and tell you how to do the same,, for example if you are an astrological scholar how you could draw astrology symbols for it,
one thing i like about this deck was the eyes she drew on one of the tarot cards she made.

nothing fancy about hese tarot as you can use crayons, eheh.
the main thing i think is to use this book if you can get it as a stepping stone to create your own tarot,,

then to really create your own tarot (perhaps find an artisti to do it for you ).

but first thing first is to be creative and to take a mental risk and if you want to just draw a big ten for a minor ten card by all means,,
not every card has to look like the waite version (and at the time i brought this book back in 1992, i was 17 and so i felt every card made had to look like the waite, so this book help me understand it doesn't, so i became more forgiving of decks ).

Ravenlady

Thanks for your answer, then I'll know if I can get my hands on one again :) It was on an auction site a couple months ago here in Sweden but I didn't want to spend the money on something I didn't find any info on. But if it's oop that will explain the whole thing :D I don't know if I'm going to try a tarot of my own, even if it would be tempting, but to figure out what you want it to look like and so on, and finding someone who is good at drawing... well, maybe one day :)

Ravenlady