Lo Scarabeo Tarot Gallery Book

ZenBen

Looks very cool

Alta

I have this, and that's a very good price. The book is glossy and beautifully produced. It features just one deck over a two page (facing) spread and the golden decks have on actual sample card pasted in. It was originally produced to help tarot merchants showcase decks (for selling purposes) but is a lovely collector's item.

thorhammer

I have it too, and love it. It's enabled me on a few of the LS decks that I wouldn't have given a second thought to, and the presentation is wonderful. I have it on my coffee table :)

\m/ Kat

rwcarter

It's out everywhere but the US? Go figure....

(I don't need to be spending that money right now anyway, so I guess I shouldn't complain.)

Rodney

souljourney

Oh... pretty!

HearthCricket

I received my copy of this a few days ago. I really like it and the way they show the decks, including adding a real card for any of the foil decks. It is definitely a collector's item. However, I would have liked something that also included all of their decks. I section in back of OOP decks would have been fantastic. Even better yet, a three ring binder style book would have been nice so you could keep all cards together (in and OOP) according to the theme, and just add or remove status as it happens. Thank goodness for Kaplan's Encyclopedias!

rif

How does this book compare, or should I say contrast, with "Twenty Years of Tarot: The Lo Scarabeo Story?"

SphinYote

The Gallery book is only images, with item numbers. Organized into tabbed thematic sections.

It only lists the title of the decks (in several languages).

Personally, I would've loved to see information on who all the artists are, but considering that the main function of the book is use by sellers to give people an idea of what each deck looks like, it's sufficient for its purpose.

Though the color accuracy was WAY off in my copy for the Mona Lisa Tarot...sort of a green-brown cast to all the images on that page.

I'd have to compare, but the color seemed faded for a lot of them. May have just been the printing method.

In general it's a lovely book though.

The pages that depict gilded decks have, as I think someone already mentioned, an actual card from the deck pasted in the book to illustrate how the gold would look in the actual deck. These I've noticed can be completely random samples from the deck. However, the book as a whole shows the same set of cards from each deck...if someone were interested in comparing the specific cards, this would be an interesting study in and of itself.

Yote

Aerin

I have this, and it is utterly beautiful.

Really.

Aerin