The Process, Chapter 1, "Beginnings" Study

KarlThomas

The author has a fondness for Raven as the trickster deity, and ties this in with his definition of the Fool, not as innocent, as trickster. I myself much prefer this take on the fool, I'm a juggler by trade and bought my first deck, the Rohrig, in the eighties, because I was drawn to the fool's image on the cover. This fool is an enormously powerful, multi-faceted creature.

There is a power in innocence, and the travel born of blindness to limits. But the Raven/Trickster/Coyote magic facets of the fool call to me on a deeper level. Here is a power far easier for which to cultivate an appreciation, when we see it. Here is an entity encouraging us to play with what the wheel of fortune lands on, like a game, with a deeper level of enjoyment.

Life is, in fact, gonna play tricks. This personification of that energy is the Raven aspect of the Fool, which Dan describes as having unusual powers in the Tarocci game.

One of the things I most like about this writing is that it flies in the face of much which is held dear in common Tarot interpretation.

Aurelious

Well, this isn't the longest chapter in the set. That actually belongs to teh Card Interpretations chapter. At least it does on my MP3 format CD, it may be different for the standard 6 CD set.

Indeed, The Fool meaning as Dan speaks does more to me than "a young person being harried by a dog." Because I hate dogs. So...don't know where that leads, but still.

Indeed the Fool has a lot of power in Tarocci. You cannot win with him, yet you also cannot lose. I wonder if it could be used to keep one's spades/hearts when someone else tries to fish them out (since Tarocci seems to be the beginnings of Spades/Hearts/Bridge/Whatever variant you play)

Edit: When shall Chapter 2 begin?

Baroli

When will Chapter 2 begin?

When we are done with Chapter 1. And we ain't even scratched the surface yet.

:)