The Sun, Star, and Moon

Beatrice46

I've been wondering, what would it mean to get the Sun Star, and Moon in a reading. It seems that they would have a more significant meaning than just the normal meanings of the cards.

Help?

SunChariot

It depends a lot on the question. It would mean different things in relation to different questions. And it also depends on how you read. It would mean different things to different people.

For some people, for example, the Moon is about mystery and things that are hidden. For me it simply means romance. To complicate things more, I read by analysing the card imagery more than by set meanings anyway, so those three cards would have very different meanings if they came up in each of my decks. Or even on different days. I just have to feel what they mean and how they are associated anew each time.

I know that's confusing, but it can be hard to pin meanings down to something definitive that all can agree on. It does depend on how you read.

Although, imo, it would have significance on its own if three Major Arcana cards came up in answer to the same question. As they refer to very important life issues that one's life is working to teach them. So, that in itself would indicate that it is about a very important issue in the queren't life.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Babs

Beatrice46

SunChariot said:
It depends a lot on the question. It would mean different things in relation to different questions. And it also depends on how you read. It would mean different things to different people.

For some people, for example, the Moon is about mystery and things that are hidden. For me it simply means romance. To complicate things more, I read by analysing the card imagery more than by set meanings anyway, so those three cards would have very different meanings if they came up in each of my decks. Or even on different days. I just have to feel what they mean and how they are associated anew each time.

I know that's confusing, but it can be hard to pin meanings down to something definitive that all can agree on. It does depend on how you read.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Babs

I am still wondering what it means as a whole. I'm not looking for an "it depends" anwer, because an individual card can still mean the same thing, no matter what person it is, so one could assume you could do the same thing with a collection of certain cards.

canid

Beatrice46 said:
I'm not looking for an "it depends" anwer, because an individual card can still mean the same thing, no matter what person it is, so one could assume you could do the same thing with a collection of certain cards.

Uh, no, not really. Each card has many layers of meaning, dependant on the question, the spread, the deck, the reader. You have to take those things into consideration. I think maybe you're relying on keywords for the cards in question - the meanings go way deeper. Try & think about how you would interpret those same 3 cards in a reading for, say, a newborn. Then how could they be different for an elderly person? Plus, it would depend on the reason for the reading. And then the images are different in decks; some may bring to mind romance, as SunChariot said. Other readers may see it much differently. It's all in the mind of the beholder: ie reader. Book meanings are meant to guide you, to prompt you to learn what that particular card means to 'you', to connect that card to yourself & your own personal interpretation of all it can mean. Go with your gut.

Nevada

What? You want the Sun, the Moon and the Stars? Well, you're more likely to get them from Tarot than from anyone else. :D

Any combination is possible. I'm certain I've gotten the Sun and Moon together, the Sun and Star, and the Moon and Star, and it wouldn't surprise me if I've gotten all three together at one time or another, though I probably didn't register the significance of the triplicity, if you know what I mean, because they were combined with other cards. Now in a 3-card reading, that would be significant! I would think, depending on the circumstance of the reading, that they could have to do with healing or renewal through a bridging of the conscious and unconscious, or of two worlds, the inner and outer, the seen and unseen, the waking and dream worlds, or something like that.

That would be a special reading, IMO. :)

Beatrice46

canid said:
Uh, no, not really. Each card has many layers of meaning, dependant on the question, the spread, the deck, the reader. You have to take those things into consideration. I think maybe you're relying on keywords for the cards in question - the meanings go way deeper. Try & think about how you would interpret those same 3 cards in a reading for, say, a newborn. Then how could they be different for an elderly person? Plus, it would depend on the reason for the reading. And then the images are different in decks; some may bring to mind romance, as SunChariot said. Other readers may see it much differently. It's all in the mind of the beholder: ie reader. Book meanings are meant to guide you, to prompt you to learn what that particular card means to 'you', to connect that card to yourself & your own personal interpretation of all it can mean. Go with your gut.

Well, personally, I rarely actually do questions unless I'm specifically asked to. I know it could mean a lot depending "on the cards around it," but I just think that getting all three in a reading would probably have more meaning than just anything else.

Beatrice46

Nevada said:
What? You want the Sun, the Moon and the Stars? Well, you're more likely to get them from Tarot than from anyone else. :D

Any combination is possible. I'm certain I've gotten the Sun and Moon together, the Sun and Star, and the Moon and Star, and it wouldn't surprise me if I've gotten all three together at one time or another, though I probably didn't register the significance of the triplicity, if you know what I mean, because they were combined with other cards. Now in a 3-card reading, that would be significant! I would think, depending on the circumstance of the reading, that they could have to do with healing or renewal through a bridging of the conscious and unconscious, or of two worlds, the inner and outer, the seen and unseen, the waking and dream worlds, or something like that.

That would be a special reading, IMO. :)

I can definitly see how that would work. I was once told that it could have to do with some sort of internal journey. I'm here for a second opinion.

GreenMoonBeam

whenever there are three Majors with or without a specific question, I do regard
that as important/powerful. With your last remark about a spiritual journey, then
I find that more interesting. In those cards we can look for much in our life,
Sun (Happiness) Star (Hope) and Moon(dreams). I am really reducing this down
(for some reason). Then if you look at the Quintessence of the cards, it is (
The Hermit. One would certainly look inside oneself for a spiritual journey. So yeah, powerful cards.

((((Beatrice)))) Welcome to AT as well. Hope this helps. I look forward to seeing you soon

GMB!

Amashelle

As far as I'm concerned, any combination of cards has special meaning. And as far as a solid answer goes about what that meaning is, you're not likely to get one from someone else: you know the most about what is going on in your life right now, and you know the most about what these three heavenly bodies mean to you, so your own intuition is probably the best thing to ask about this.

However, since you are asking us, here is my stab at it:

FOR ME, the star is hope and promise of renewal. In most decks that I know, this card shows a being (usually a woman) emptying two pitchers of water into a stream or lake. She knows that there will always be more water, more hope, so she gives unreservedly, and the land around her responds by being beautiful and plentiful.

The moon is the light that dissipates shadows. It shines on the mysteries of the night and shows them clearly to our eyes, while at the same time creating other shadows: even the moon cannot shine on everything, just as we can never know everything there is to know.

The sun is the champion of hope and growth and passion. It helps the trees grow, and burns with an intensity to great that too much exposure to it ACTUALLY burns you. It is a source of light and life, but also of strife (droughts, for example). It is also, quite literally, the force that makes the world go round. It is the center of our universe.

Together, I would interpret it as this: don't be afraid to give to others. Trust them. The universe will pay you back, but don't think about that. Learn about yourself through charity and selflessness: create your own light to reveal the mysteries of yourself by giving with no expectation of return, but do so in moderation. Do not 'give until it hurts,' like the sun sometimes does, as that will only scorch your cultivated knowledge and set you back in your efforts.

I don't know if that's something you could apply to yourself; like I said, only you can know that, but maybe my own amateur thoughts might help you figure out what these cards, and this combination, mean to you.

SunChariot

Or my way I read it might mean that there is cause for hope (Star=Hope), and that a warm (Sun-warmth) and romantic (Moon= romance) relationship is coming...

Or that the relationship you are in is warm and romantic (again depending on the question).

Neither my interpretation or the one above are right or wrong. We all read the way we read and the cards send us the answers to fit into the way we work as individuals.

Since the powers that send the asnwers know I see the Moon as romance... if they wanted to give me the answer Amashelle got, I would likely get different cards to give me that message, that would spell that message out to me personally.

Although I do have to say, Amashelle , that I like the way you think.:heart:

Babs