weird dreams lately

bighairymonster

Okay, I've been having weird dreams lately.

A few nights ago I dreamt I was with a few friends walking outside my secondary school (i am in university now), it was a cloudy day and then suddenly these stray dogs started to follow us. I'm not scared of dogs in real life, but although someone shouted for me not to run or else the dogs would follow, I quickened my pace (though not actually running).

Then this dog BIT my hand and wouldn't let go!

Then last night, I dreamt I found out I was a few weeks pregnant by my ex bf. He took my hand and we started running on a trail on a mountain. I wasn't scared (as I definately would be in real life), but it just felt WEIRD and SURREAL. I harbour no romantic feelings for this guy, but perhaps it's coz he's suddenly become nice to me which is why he's been on my mind for 2 days. (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11285)

Can soemone exlain these weird dreams?? I just can't get ti out of my mind! Thanks.

Natalya

what was your reaction when the dog bit your hand?
were you scared?

bighairymonster

I was shocked, and a little scared, but only due to SHOCK.

lunalafey

Dogs represent loyalty
in reading your dream I thought about that old saying...'don't bite the hand that feeds you'
The feeling of shock is quite important. Why would this creature of loyalty bite you..shocking!
Being set in a school enviroment, I would apply this to the university you are currently attending.
Has something (or some friend most likely) you depended upon suddenly turn against you.
It is possible the dreams are related...but I don't think so. The ex dream is probably about your feeling regarding him and this new behavior.
I see a pregnant you as being a new you and how you feel about this guy. You mention that in real life you would be scared..because of him? or because of running up a mountain?

zorya

perhaps bighairymonster has been wanting to move forward, or try to learn (school envirornment)or do to much, too quickly. not listening to the warning got her bit. the dog bit her hand. the hand being needed to 'create' or make things happen. yes dogs mean loyalty. could also mean that something normally friendly and safe, can be dangerous and or a risk if you try to push it.

the other dream may be tied. the 'seed' of a new life growing in you. not literally pregnancy but beginning something else new. again the whole speed thing. maybe you feel others are 'pulling' you along more quickly then you should go.

in a way these contradict. in one dream you want to move more quickly but others warn you not to, in the other you are being pulled quickly by someone. are you receiving different messages from different people at this time? sounds like slowing down and moving forward at your own natural pace is in order.

or maybe i am way off base ;)

bighairymonster

Thanks for the replies!

I haven't had anyone turn against me at the moment, but maybe it COULD signify my shock at my ex bf's fluctuating behaviour - being friendly today, ignores me tomorrow.

It was quite amusing, the dog dream, 'coz I was literally trying to fling off the doggie, shaking my hand up and down, and the doggie kept its jaw grip.

No blood though.