7 of swords

Lysh

I tried to do a search on the 7 of swords to get a look at past posts, but an error kept coming up, so I am going to make a new post! :) I am not going to post my reading and get into 'my' personal reading, but this card came up for me in one of the positions. Every time I see this card I squirm. The reason for that is I DO NOT really GET it. I know it can symbolize 'sneakiness' but I still feel uncomfortable with that (or just that). I keep trying to meditate on the meaning of that card, journal on it.....yet I still cannot develop any type of 'relationship' that feels right with that card. I look at other cards surrounding it and I am still at a loss. Oh that seven of swords! ha
So I am going to throw my hands up in the air right now and ask to hear other readers' journeys with this card.
Lysh

Seafra

Walking on egg shells, talking around a sore subject, taking away someone's personal power, being 'somewhat' successful, getting away with something, setting up rules/parameters for the time being, making plans in haste or preparing for action that needs to be secretive (like looking for a job while still employed). Those are what come to mind on an early Sunday morning. It isn't necessarily a 'bad' card.

ravenesque

7 is also the 'life' number in numerology. Perhaps you don't 'feel' it as such, via the cards as it is like a 'life and living' influence. The energy involves others and is about your feelings about that, less of an action from self energy. The cards leading to this level are about you, how you feel, what you want etc etc. In the minor's, from the seven onwards, the meanings are more about how others affect you, in which you have little say, until you reach the 10. Broad explanation, I know, but the 7's are a lot about losing control as such, and dealing with actions from others more.

The crowned one

It is a brains over brawns card , a indirect approach and diplomacy involving covert operations to get what you want...to win.

Sevens for me are a deep purpose number, and a number of completion: 7sins,7virtues, 7th day of rest...

Seafra

If I might add: 7's are a deep personal number for me (the word coming to mind is 'virtue') also but it doesn't guarantee I am in the right. They mean I am sticking by my 'personal' truth which is something that can be proven wrong and altered in the future.

gingerkid

This has come up for me a lot to mean "relying on oneself" and "keeping one's own counsel," or "keeping one's thoughts to oneself," in addition to the other meanings described above.

celticnoodle

as someone else mentioned here, it can be looking for a new job, while you already have one--I see it as secretly doing something to improve yourself, but also with some fear in doing so.

also planning something such as a move from one place to another (this again would fit in with a job search, if you already have one, but also literally moving from one home to another as well).

the 7swords is about doing something and taking a new direction when you are not really sure of how the outcome will be. taking a chance--and being slightly uncomfortable with it - or quiet about it as you are doing so. not sharing your actions with others or out in the open with it.

it can also be spilling a secret, being deceptive and sneaky.

generally when I first see this, I immediately get a feeling of sneakiness and deception.

epvitale

For me the phrase that hits me is, "Thief in the night."

It could mean a literal thieving or a warning that around you all is not what it seems.

Gary

Dogmother

I often hear,"You can't always get what you (think) you want, but you can get what you (think) you need." Part of the process, not an end; cleverness engaged. The "trying to get over" card.

ofbainbridge

Because the suit of swords often has to do with logic and thought and perception...

Upright I would read it as taking what your suppose to from a situation - learning, understanding, getting the right gist of something...

Reversed taking what your not supposed to from a given situation - the wrong idea, the wrong attitudes, the wrong understanding of something...