Pendulums

RAVENAL

pendelums

Trogon...
Wow...that sounds like an interesting story...tell us more...please...enjoyed your earlier post and agree it's easy to get too bogged down in ritual...but do you think it would not be effective in finding lost pets...please explain...I do know this cat I mentioned was trapped and wanted to be found...

Trogon

Re: pendelums

RAVENAL said:
Trogon...
Wow...that sounds like an interesting story...tell us more...please...enjoyed your earlier post and agree it's easy to get too bogged down in ritual...but do you think it would not be effective in finding lost pets...please explain...I do know this cat I mentioned was trapped and wanted to be found...
Actually, as far as finding lost pets go... all I meant was that I actually didn't have any experience doing that with a pendulum. Just never tried it. We've had our dogs get out of the yard a couple of times but each time we were able to find them right in the neighborhood.

As for dowsing, I simply take out the topographic map of the area I was prospecting in, found my current location on the creek that I was at. Once this location was fixed, I dangled the pendulum (my antler one) over that point, then slowly moved it downstream for about 1 mile, and got no reaction. Then I moved it upstream and got a reaction about 1/4 mile up... it was, essentially a "yes" answer (back and forth). I walked up to that area and within about 1/2 an hour found a good pocket of gold. I have also tried using the pendulum when walking in a creek bed, but with indifferent results - too much jostling around over rough terrain I think.

I have used the map dowsing method on Lynx creek, but don't consider this to be a good test since you can find at least traces of gold all over there. Upper Lynx Creek, near Prescott, AZ, is set aside as a "recreational gold-panning area" because of the reliable presence of gold in the area. Not huge quantities, but reliable. Anyway, if you know the types of spots where gold accumulates in a creek, you can find it in Upper Lynx Creek. However, I have used map dowsing with good results in Colorado and other areas in Arizona. The only trick is to keep your focus on finding native gold... don't think of gold jewelry or other forms of refined gold.

Now don't ask me to explain how this works... I can't. I'd seen it done before by others and have tried it. It does seem to work for me. Then again... maybe I just got lucky. :D

[edited to add:] By the way... if you want to take a look at the area I was speaking of (Upper Lynx Creek), go to http://www.topozone.com/ and do a search on lynx lake (don't capitalize it for the search) in Arizona. Upper Lynx Creek runs southeast-ish from Lynx Lake.