Three dreams and a scary night experience

vijeno

This will be VERY long - sorry.

Ooooh kay.

I wouldnt post this if it wasn't for what happened yesterday night... which, I should say, doesn't trouble me as much as it may sound... still, it's something to cope with.

I had three dreams recently, that seemed important, and this experience yesterday.

1. Dream Fri-Sat

In my father's office (he used to be
a businessman, and a pretty good one,
and we were having the usual troubles because I'm more the spiritual/student/artistic

type). Two potential business partners arrive. They're two university students. In

trying to serve one of them coffee, I almost burn my fingers, so I tell him to be

cautious. As he pours, it's only pure water, so I go to the kitchen to make some fresh

coffee.

On a video screen, the "boss" (female, far away, big business) says: "If you get an

offer that's so seductive as this, what do you do? You reject it. Otherwise, the
result would be catastrophic."

In the kitchen, I mess with a little coffee can. My father comes in. Obviously I left
my trouser back in the office which seems to have mutated to a bedroom of sorts. He
says "Are you crazy? You have your money in your trouser and leave it with those

students?" I am very angry at him because of those prejudices against students.

Then, suddenly, "I" am female, and it's like in a movie.. As we watch
the girl mess with the coffee machine, a voice over says: "And then she started
sleeping around for some time, and on her wedding day she took out the coffee can
again, and all those memories came back."

2. Dream Mon-Tue

In a supermarket, I want to buy a box and/or(?) some drink. The salesperson says it's

closing time and there are only things left that start with an "M". I'm so angry I start kicking down shelves. Then I find a black box and a can of coke in it, but I don't want it it doesn't start with an "N" (not M here!).

Then I look into a neighbor's apartment, and there are some women there with real ugly
perms, and they're staring into the t.v. screen. I start laughing, but my father

reprehends me saying it's their form of a mourning ritual, and I have no right to laugh

at them

3. What happened yesterday night

After work I went to a coffeeshop to write a bit. To my left there was a couple
fighting so hard it seemed they were falling apart, and on the table in front of
me were two young people obviously in heavy flirting - seemed to me they would end
up together this night... and in all this, I was there writing a scene for a
little horror movie... in the end, I was pretty upset. Got into a pub to get down
to planet earth again, which worked out fine, then I went home, had a little TV and
off to bed, pretty calm by this time. So, I decided I'd write the final for that
horror scene.

AND as I did so, suddenly I heard a noise in the wall behind me - I mean, no I'm sure
it wasn't a hallucination, it sounded like a strong electrical current, or as if
some anchor was slowly breaking out of the wall because the weight is to heavy... I

really thought the wall was falling apart... So, after I recovered, I closed my book,

called a friend and with her online, I went around to the bathroom just on the other
side of this wall. Of course, there was nothing. And then my friend said (calmly, she's

not easily terrified, but non-jokingly nonetheless) - "Hey, now my floor is creaking -

you pushed your poltergeist through the phone line."

Well, that's it. I wasn't as afraid as I always fancied I'd be in such a situation.

4. Dream Tonight

I dreamed of a cat and a frog. I tried to stroke the cat but it turned into a frog,
looked very sad and said "you can't stroke my tummy, you know I don't like this." I was very sad because of this.

Puuuh... comments?
vijeno

zorya

hi vijeno,
interesting dreams. i want to think on the first two of them for awhile.

the noise;
sometimes things fall in between the two sides of a wall. a chunk of drywall etc. because it's narrow and open, it can sound much bigger than it is. (just ask anyone who's had mice in their walls :laugh: you said the bathroom was on the other side of the wall. pipes can make alot of loud banging types of noises, especially in the winter.

if this is not the case, i still would not worry very much. you were not afraid and that is significant. had it been something malevolent, you would have probably sensed it.

it is possible, i suppose, that the expression of what you were writing/feeling as you wrote, manifested in a physical way. let us know if you hear it again.

the cat/frog dream; i'll give this one a try ;)
frog's themself represent transformation. a tadpole lives in the water(emotions) and transforms into a land animal (practical). cats are sensual, stroking it's belly was pleasurable. this sensuous creature became something more practical/less attractive. because of this practicality it felt that it lost some of the pleasures in life.
btw; in real life, when you rub a frog's stomach, it falls asleep (or maybe it's just toads that do that? )

vijeno

Hi zorya,

yes i've settled for a "natural" explanation
myself meanwhile. Maybe it was just the huuge pile of dishes in the kitchen ;-) I actually don't believe
in poltergeists, still I DO believe in my own attributions to synchronistic events, so I take
it as a warning from my subconscious, not to
fool around with my own feelings too much.

Thanks for that about the cat and frog thing. I didn't find any interpretation myself.

I think I'll post my own interpretation of the other two tomorrow.

vijeno