Votes: 11 10.8%
  • Has something for every level of interest in Tarot

Votes: 58 56.9%
  • I want a Tarot datebook/diary

Votes: 56 54.9%

• Total voters

MeeWah

Major Tom: Thanks for this poll!

Since I missed the previous thread: I *love* the 2003 calendar for its high quality presentation! I was particularly impressed with what it included. When it comes to a calendar, I choose according to its artwork, the inclusion of moon phases & holidays. Yours has the most comprehensive listing of holidays I have ever seen.

I voted for some of the same features the last (current year's) calendar has, which are listed in order of interest:

Moon phases
Religious holidays
Sampling of cards from unpublished decks
Spreads (would like to see seasonal spreads)
Spiral binding again (not included in poll)

I do not really care about the rest, but would be interested in links to Tarot sites because there are too many listed on search engines to plow through & many are repetitive. Not absolutely necessary though.

As for its price--the cost to publish a quality item is oft much more than one would figure, so I understand that one gets what one pays for.

Major Tom

Another bump. The more votes the better. ;)

For those interested in contributing: I will be soliciting contributions during the month of May... so perhaps you should start creating. :)

Umbrae

The man said, "Vote early, and vote often..."

Damn thing won't let me vote again...

I think an index to footnotes, and then symbols next to holidays.

That way we can go, "Ohhhh it's Plicker de Nostril!"

"What the hell's that Maude..."

"I don't know...let me look...hmmm…it appears to be a very holy day for Baaphymotept the Seditious One."

“Thank heaven for Major Tom’s calendar, we could have lost sleep over that one…”

See that way we can include Pagan, Christian, Jewish, Islamic, and Various Asian and mid-continental Holidays. The point being that darn near every day is a holiday.

Also, the All-Star break should be listed…as it is one of the MOST sacred of all days, second ONLY to the World Series Weeks.

rota

Excellent poll, and quite well thought out1

I especially like the idea of a Tarot calendar that is sized and formatted to fit on the front of a fridge. Maybe it could look something like a datebook. Like most people I spend most of my morning before leaving the house in the kitchen and bathroom, and I'd like to be able to put a Tarot calendar on the fridge front.

To do that, it would need a hanger or, failing that, space left open on the pages to cover with the magnets needed to keep it on the metal surface.

Major Tom

Another bump - the last

The 2004 edition of the calendar will be wiro bound just as the 2003 edition was.

It will also have a white border suitable for attaching a magnetic clip for hanging it on your refridgerator. (The recommended method)

Please, if you have not yet voted - please vote. Even if only to say you don't want a tarot calendar.

And yes, Umbrae, the point is that nearly every day is a holiday. :laugh:

And thank you MeeWah for mentioning that colour printing on good quality paper is expensive. ;)

I do worry about the cost of a datebook - but if the estimates come back at £20 or less - would people still be interested? I would plan the wiro binding for it as well. :) It will likely need to be printed on thinner stock than the calendar...

Mimers

Major Tom,

Just a thought about the datebook that may lower cost. Make a refillable kind. This way you can sell the binder and the pages separate. Like a Dayrunner. Then if you create one the following year people can just buy the pages. It might also save you costs on binding?

Just a thought.

BTW, I would pay up to 30 bucks for a datebook I could shove in my purse. I would not be able to live without my datebook.

Thanks for your interest in accomidating all of us.

Mimers

bec

I did try to order the 2003 calendar, but something went wrong in the payment process, so I didn't get it.

I voted"something else" as I really don't have an opinion about it, I just want it!!

bec

just ordered and made succesful payment - waiting eagerly to see it in the mail :D

Ruby Red Slippers

Quote:
I had the Llewellyn Witches datebook, but I couldn't take it to work.

I'm with Jlbvt on this one. I too had this calander BUT I used to keep it out, it did make others uncomfortable HEHE

I'd also like to add that a month at a glance AND the weekly for each month works great as a combo schedule calander AND a daily diary with the daily datebook and it was easy to carry around fro those AHA moments!

Ruby Red Slippers feels likes Miss Piggy - want both!!! :D

Can't wait to get mone this year - FABULOUS...Thank You Major Tom :D

Ruby Red Slippers