The King of Swords

Cari

I was looking at this card today and I noticed how majestic he looks. Almost like all of a sudden it hit me. Now to me, he seems to loom over everything. Like he is so powerful that he is gigantic compare to the things surrounding him. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the King of Swords, as compared to the other Kings, just feels bigger than life. Could be because swords are powerful. What do you think?

scarlett23

I totally agree with you. I always see him as the king of kings. A true leader who isn't phased by anything and who in in a crisis is the kind of leader the people would look to for reassurance and solutions. I also see him as the kind of person who, even when he's wrong, he's always right!!

The crowned one

I see kings in a general way as a divine right to power manifestation in the archtypical world of a human/deity. So for swords: intellect and reason are his, thinking, clever, action and strife, he can cause or end these things with ease and great control because he rules over them: attributes of swords. Kings influence reaches the level of "control"

minrice

Just curious, what deck are you using Cari?

I agree, I rather like this King. I love a man with razor sharp intellect, as irritating as that can be at times ;)
King Swords and King Pentacles are probably my favorite kings! The genius vs. the laid back man. Always two types of men I'm drawn to!

Cari

minrice said:
Just curious, what deck are you using Cari?
I am using the Rider-Waite deck.

To me, he is a stoic and powerful king. A bit scary, but you know he will be just and intelligent. A king that will be there when things get hard for you.