Gefu Versus Nauthiz

imagoddess

Gefu and Nauthiz are starting to fascinate me. I am new to runes, only having recieved my set one week ago.

I have not found, although I may have missed, a study group on Nauthiz. Although there is plenty of information about Gefo.

Looking at these two runes, they are similiar in that they both have crosses. In Gefo the space between the two X's, is wide, it has room to breath, and yet it gives and relates. This I believe is the spirit of Gefu. With Nauthiz we see a cross, this time however, the cross is tight, one senses stiffness. Perhaps this tells us of the "neediness" and the "confinement" of Nauthiz. Yet, I don't completely understand Nauthiz.

I have been pulling these two runes frequently in relation to understanding a personal relationship I have. It is remarkable how the rune I pick speaks to erratic nature of this relationship. But, this is all so new to me, and intepreting and applying the rune to real life is a huge challenge. Any feelings, ideas, knowledge you can share would be greatly appreciated!

imagoddess

Umbrae

Nauthiz and Gebo…

Notice that Nauthiz (Nid or Need) is similar to an Isa with a hash mark…like an international symbol for “No Ice Here”…to me it speaks of solutions, learning.

Gebo (Gifu or Gift) indeed are like crossed arms…it is about Two being brought together, recognizing each other and staying separate yet united…they recognize each other.