Ethics on Where to Read Cards

Minotauro

there is a bible study group that gets together at my school's yard. Im gonna read in front of them.

gregory

there is a bible study group that gets together at my school's yard. Im gonna read in front of them.

Why ? Just to make a point ? They have as much right to study the bible as you have to read your cards...

Minotauro

Why ? Just to make a point ? They have as much right to study the bible as you have to read your cards...
oh I was just making a point about how it shouldnt matter where I do it.

but to answer your question , and it sounds kind of silly, maybe because I dont know the correct term for it. nonviolent protest? it sounds like it is a big del but it isnt.

Im gonna do it because I have as much right to read cards there as they have to study the bible.

they keep telling passer by's they should repent and be ashamed by their smoking , and even the way they dress.

and it's not like Im doing it at church or anything like that! XD haha

Grizabella

I don't think doing it "in your face" is going to do anything to further the spirit of equality that Tarot readers would like to perpetuate, Minotauro. It seems to be more of an immature desire to just upset someone else for the fun of it just because you can. That's not going to help the cause along one bit. I like you a lot and you seem the sort of person who should be able to rethink this all the way through and hatch some other plan to make your point in a less confrontational way. :)

Minotauro

I don't think doing it "in your face" is going to do anything to further the spirit of equality that Tarot readers would like to perpetuate, Minotauro. It seems to be more of an immature desire to just upset someone else for the fun of it just because you can. That's not going to help the cause along one bit. I like you a lot and you seem the sort of person who should be able to rethink this all the way through and hatch some other plan to make your point in a less confrontational way. :)
d'aw you're always so nice
:)
I think I do see what you mean.
I even thought of joining them and the perhaps bring a diferent point of view to the scriptures, I did go to a catholic school for most of my life but from that experience I know they dont apreaciate diferent points of view all that much ....
I 'll think about it D: I just feel bad about not saying anything even when they missquote the bible or use them out of context U_u

plus I want to use my cards at collegel! X) it is where I spend most of my time , and I know there must be others who like tarot among them!

silently reading the cards to myself seemed like a good idea D:

Grizabella

Have you come across the threads with some of our discussions of Biblical scriptures that are Tarot friendly yet? We've had some really great discussions along those lines in the past. Maybe you could familiarize yourself with some of those and then, if you want to go enjoy your cards in an area where they might be---provided you're not just going there to aggravate them---you could be prepared to have a friendly discussion with them where you could show them passages in the Bible that show that divination isn't bad like they feel it is. That way, you'd be prepared for them should they approach you but you wouldn't be doing it as a hostile confrontation between them and you. You'd be protecting your rights and beliefs in a friendly way with them and be the bigger man about it. And then if they wanted to keep on arguing, you could just tell them you choose not to discuss it anymore, give them a friendly smile and just go on about your business.

gregory

d'aw you're always so nice
:)
I think I do see what you mean.
I even thought of joining them and the perhaps bring a diferent point of view to the scriptures, I did go to a catholic school for most of my life but from that experience I know they dont apreaciate diferent points of view all that much ....
I 'll think about it D: I just feel bad about not saying anything even when they missquote the bible or use them out of context U_u

plus I want to use my cards at collegel! X) it is where I spend most of my time , and I know there must be others who like tarot among them!

silently reading the cards to myself seemed like a good idea D:
Use them at college, absolutely - I just - like Griz - feel that non-violent protest doesn't have to be in your face stuff. Unless they are actually sitting there shouting that Tarot is evil, they are doing no harm - as you wouldn't be, sitting reading your cards where they are not meeting, kind of. Dealing with misquoting the bible and using it our of context is something else. Reading cards in front of them won't fix that - getting out a bible to show them might. But almost certainly won't. Good luck with that !

The silently doing your own thing is the way to go, IMHO. YOU have the right to do THAT just as they have the right to meet up.

You may find other students come over to you, instead of to them. THAT is the better way, I think.

All this is a big deal - but we do all have rights, even those who hate us ! We demean ourselves (and our cause) by being unpleasant to people we disagree with.