All new de-enabling thread

Sulis

Solandia likes us to keep threads below 1000 posts and the old de-enabling thread has got bigger than that so here's a nice new one.

The old thread can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=107606

As before, I just want to start by saying that this thread is meant as a FUN THREAD... We really don't want to intentionally 'dis' decks so please don't get upset if you read something about your favourite deck here that you disagree with.

As before, please stick to de-enabling.
This is NOT the place to discuss decks you love.
Posts in this thread that are NOT de-enabling will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis and MeeWah - Tarot Decks co-moderators.

magpie9

<blink> :bugeyed: <blink>
I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto...

victoria.star

hello.
any reason i should NOT indulge in the William Blake tarot?
thank you.

Aerin

@Nina - Rumi

Do you REALLY need yet another spiritual path?

Have you SEEN those borders?

Also, yet another Rider Waite clone according to the Llewelyn site.

Just no. Really, no.

William Blake:

You can get your reading fix online. It's expensive. It's all renamed and everything which is likely to be v. irritating (Majors as well as suit names as well as court cards and an extra Major as well). V.v.v. irritating. "Oh you've got Forgiveness, Lightening and the Angel of Poetry." Huh? WTF?

Aerin

Manda

Nina- The Minors of the Rumi are really, really small, I think even smaller than Medieval Cats. Most of us LOATHE keywords on our cards, well, the Rumi has keywords run all amok, in the form of poetry, yes, but they still tell you what to think. Stupid Llewellyn packaging also. We all thought the main color was going to be like an emerald green, but no, it is like a celadon color, think pureed celery.

victoria.star- Have to learn a new system for the William Blake, and it is rather expnsive, if you can even find one.

victoria.star

thank you both for your advice.
i didnt know it was hard to find.
or expensive.
thanks!

sapienza

sravana said:
I really *don't* like the Meneghello version, and the LS one has those ICKY HIDEOUS GREEN BORDERS FROM HELL.

Seeing we're kind of still on the topic of the Vacchetta.....I have the LS version, which I LOVE (I'm even ok with the green borders for some strange reason) but I feel compelled to get myself the Meneghello version as well. It looks good on the scans I've seen, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyone care to de-enable....remember, I do LOVE the LS Vacchetta (not that I'd suggest anyone else get it for reasons covered earlier by sravana ;)).

Nina*

Aerin said:
@Nina - Rumi

Do you REALLY need yet another spiritual path?

Have you SEEN those borders?

Also, yet another Rider Waite clone according to the Llewelyn site.

Just no. Really, no.
But but.... that spiritual path really doesn't seem different from the one(s) I follow now.

Did I see the borders? Nah.... *off to check*

Manda said:
Nina- The Minors of the Rumi are really, really small, I think even smaller than Medieval Cats. Most of us LOATHE keywords on our cards, well, the Rumi has keywords run all amok, in the form of poetry, yes, but they still tell you what to think. Stupid Llewellyn packaging also. We all thought the main color was going to be like an emerald green, but no, it is like a celadon color, think pureed celery.
:D

Ew!

gregory

sapienza said:
Seeing we're kind of still on the topic of the Vacchetta.....I have the LS version, which I LOVE (I'm even ok with the green borders for some strange reason) but I feel compelled to get myself the Meneghello version as well. It looks good on the scans I've seen, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyone care to de-enable....remember, I do LOVE the LS Vacchetta (not that I'd suggest anyone else get it for reasons covered earlier by sravana ;)).
Just download the images and colour your own. THINK how much you will LEARN while you do it. Think of how the colours will be CHOSEN BY YOU and special and different from anyone else's and so on. Think of the satisfaction. Think of the chocolate (oops, carrots :D) you can buy with all that money... why are we still discussing this ?

Nina - you don't need a deck to keep you on your spiritual path; if you did, you wouldn't be on it already, since the deck isn't out yet....

sapienza

gregory said:
Just download the images and colour your own. THINK how much you will LEARN while you do it. Think of how the colours will be CHOSEN BY YOU and special and different from anyone else's and so on. Think of the satisfaction.

All I can think of is how bloody long that would take! I will colour my own one day, maybe when the kids are older and I have a bit more spare time......maybe. I bet you have the deck don't you???? Then again, I guess that doesn't really mean anything does it? :)