All new de-enabling thread

Alta

I saw the Schiffer Pirate deck at the Readers' Studio and wasn't impressed enough to buy it. The cards are oversize, though that isn't a personal issue for me as it might be for you, and the cardstock and etc are excellent. The problem is that the card images themselves are very low contrast and the pirate pictures came out very bland. The images in no way pop for me.

sapienza

After being successfully de-enabled from the Ancient Feminine Wisdom cards last night, I had another look through the scans. I had a major 'what the hell was I thinking?' moment. Thank you all for helping me see the light :)

Aerin said:
Celestial Tarot! Help!

Pretty horsies http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/photo/213/81 .

Constellations.

Although what the heck http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/photo/213/87 has to do with the 8 or Swords escapes me.

But.. pretty!

Aerin, you definitely don't need the Celestial. It's not actually that pretty. In fact all the cards basically look the same. They are all blue. Now the book is wonderful, I refer to it often, but despite loving the book, I still think the cards are USELESS. Better off buying the book (which you can get separately) and looking at the scans on-line if you want to. If you want a 'pretty' deck there are much prettier out there than this one. Honestly, you'll never read with it.....you KNOW it's true :)

sapienza

gregory said:
See earlier post about that crap Goddess thing.

:laugh: OK, OK, I've admitted it was a stupid idea. You are not a fan of oracles are you gregory? :)

gregory

sapienza said:
:laugh: OK, OK, I've admitted it was a stupid idea. You are not a fan of oracles are you gregory? :)
}) :TDEAT :mad:

Er - no ? but what gave me away ???? :angel:

SolSionnach

gregory said:
}) :TDEAT :mad:

Er - no ? but what gave me away ???? :angel:
Not even the Lenormand??? Really???

(not that I would consider recommending the Lenormand to ANYONE in their right mind...)

gregory

:shhh: - well, I do have that Mystical one.... and a Blue Owl from YEARS ago.....

But no, they are all EVIL..... :angel:

conversus

Well at least you are rational about it, Thank God!!!

Aerin

Starshower said:
Hey - this should do it: only some of the constellations work for us in the UK ... many are only visible in the southern hemisphere!

Yes - that pretty much DOES do it!!!!! Thanks!!!! :D

...and sapienza, yes final nail in its coffin. You can have too much of any one colour.

I did have a purple fairies deck and that was so purple it bored me - sold it on amazon in the end.

Aerin

ps AJ, i'll let you know about the r deck when I have it.

Aerin

AJ said:
Who has this deck?
http://www.figtreepress.co.uk/TheMysticRubaiyat.htm
can you think of any de-enablements?
They are post card size with plain backs.
75 rather than 78 cards.

See, I'm trying ...

Errrm..... arrived today.

Well.

It isn't Tarot. It is like a book because there's a poem on each card. The backs are blank. They would be too large to shuffle and you might hurt them. They have pointy corners. It's simply beautiful art but IT ISN'T TAROT.

So if you want to buy art and poetry - not a lot I can do here.

But if you want to buy Tarot, then this isn't it.

Aerin