All new de-enabling thread

FatesLady

nisaba said:
This is no place to mention brooding beauties. Especially when they desperately need de-enabling. And that one isn't even beautiful, just attenuated and florid, both at the same time.

Are we de-enabling this one? Too late for me, I already have the... er... misfortune? of owning one. :p

nisaba

FatesLady said:
Are we de-enabling this one? Too late for me, I already have the... er... misfortune? of owning one. :p
<rather too quickly> Here - pass it over. I'll save you from it.

magpie9

gregory said:
Not a cheap shot. That deck deserves it. It's pretty - but there are even posts here from Cirom saying if he'd known then what he knows now..... (Some people DO use those bits of paper mind...)

Mags never makes cheap shots. Hers are PUREST GOLD.... })

Not to hurt any body's personal feelings, and in the spirit of People Love What they Love, I have to say that decks I truly deeply love get torn to screaming bloody bits here regularly and I let it go by because this is the de-enabling thread. It is often implied by me and everybody else that anybody who like some particular deck is some kind of demented dweeb-head, because only demented dweeb-heads could possibly want that deck. Frequently, I myself am the demented-dweeb-head in Question, weeping quietly on the side lines. Then I pull myself together and take a coupla good whacks at the deck myself, because I know my responsibility. Sometimes I set it on fire and roast marshmallows and dance around the bones. It's all in a days work here.

I stand behind and slightly to the right of my statement that Ciro's decks are repetitive, because they are. Lots of artists are. Some of them are good, some not. Thomas Kincade, who I believe has not done a Tarot Deck for me to destroy, is repetitious, and people love it. Some people love Ciro's work and they are demented dweeb-heads just like the Kincade and MRP lovers and RWS lovers. If you love a deck, you are a demented dweeb-head. If you want a deck you are a demented dweeb-head. Furthermore, your taste is in your mouth, and No Quarter Will Be Given.

Nothing personal, I swear.

nisaba

magpie9 said:
Sometimes I set it on fire and roast marshmallows and dance around the bones. It's all in a days work here.
<twitches>

magpie9 said:
Some people love Ciro's work and they are demented dweeb-heads just like the Kincade and MRP lovers and RWS lovers. If you love a deck, you are a demented dweeb-head. If you want a deck you are a demented dweeb-head. Furthermore, your taste is in your mouth, and No Quarter Will Be Given.
<falls about in hysterics> Oh, Maggs, I'm in love! Marry me! that's the best generic non-deck-specific de-enabling I've ever seen. I order you to archive it, and post it regularly every second day just to remind us all.

(Edited to add: Cirom: I wrote this immediately after the PM)

emmsma

And then there was de-enabling. })

Talk to me of the horrors of Swiss 1JJ Tarot.

Why don't I need for my collection? Why shouldn't I get it?
(Is that sale still on at House of Tarot?)

Debra

emmsma said:
Talk to me of the horrors of Swiss 1JJ Tarot.

Two words: Junon and Jupiter.

That's right. No Papess, Popess, Papesse, Girl Pope, or High Priestess. Junon. Who is basically an Empress, so what's the point?

And the Pope, fffft, likewise banished. In his place, Jupiter, looking bored.

emmsma

Meh. Names don't bother me much. I have decks in French, German, Italian. Image is much more important to me that titles I don't generally pay attention to.

What else ya got? Cardstock, maybe?

gregory

Debra said:
Two words: Junon and Jupiter.

That's right. No Papess, Popess, Papesse, Girl Pope, or High Priestess. Junon. Who is basically an Empress, so what's the point?

And the Pope, fffft, likewise banished. In his place, Jupiter, looking bored.
True. And it is a TdM that isn't so it won't work either which way. And ugly. And the colours are weirdly flat as opposed to just flat. AND I got mine in KMart. What does that say about quality ?

ALSO - and this is really serious stuff.

It was gregory's very first deck.

Now just think about that for a minute.

:bugeyed:

OK ?

Aerin

AND it was featured on 'Tales of the (Completely) Expected'.

Oooops unexpected.

Which was a bit rubbish and very mainstream. You however are unique and cool.

This is the most un-hip deck EVER. People give it away on ebay because it is so rubbish.

Aerin