All new de-enabling thread

Debra

*whimper*

Also, orange plaid tarotee backs.

*whimper whimper*

gregory said:
It was gregory's very first deck.

OOOHHH an original from when Gregory started collecting.

Hm. I'm confused. Was there K-Mart in 1831?

gregory

Debra said:
Hm. I'm confused. Was there K-Mart in 1831?
KMart is SO old it actually DIED a few years back AFAIK.

ETA just wiki'd it - it died in Canada, so is lost to me.... But I love Zellers so that's OK !

Yes, of course there was - and it sold lucifers and antimacassars and Brooke's Soap.... *sobs* - I remember it well.... :(

gregory

nisaba said:
We were chatting about something quite different. I just wanted him to have a time-line if he wanted it.

So ... Is anyone going to de-enable me on i Tarocchi di Valentina Visconti per il Palio d'Asti? www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/v-decks/valentinavisconticards.gif
I missed this. Don't you need a light-scribe ?

Don't you need food ?

Don't you need - COLOUR ?

They are BORING. Yawn. Buy a Dover colouring book of Meddy Evil pix and gaze fondly upon it - and you will be bored a lot more cheaply.

Also the faces all look sappy and soppy and generally weedy. You like MEAT in your decks, don't you ? Granny Jones will beat the shit out of these milksop people in no time.

And the card stock isn't laminated, so your everlasting coffee spills will wreck it in no time.

Go buy a carrot !

wytchwood

the Swiss 1JJ? Really? Do they still sell that one now that other decks are available? Ah well....

My Mom has it, she won't buy anything if it cost more than £1 so she must have got it from a car boot sale. People don't sell good tarot decks at boot sales. I tried to read for my Mom with it but out came a card called 'Jupiter', I had no idea which card it was meant to be so I was none to impressed. Also- it's ugly! it feels cheap! the backs are disgusting!

gregory

wytchwood said:
the Swiss 1JJ? Really? Do they still sell that one now that other decks are available? Ah well....
Tragically, yes. One just cannot understand these things. There is even some person who specially imports it into the US so that people can have two - one with the original French titles and one with English. I mean - like - WHY ????? It's bad enough in a language one can mercifully not understand !

And let us not forget that it is the deck that got US Games started. That is one hell of an indictment. We would not NEED this thread, were it not for that deck :mad:

Nina*

gregory said:
And let us not forget that it is the deck that got US Games started. That is one hell of an indictment. We would not NEED this thread, were it not for that deck :mad:
:D

Okay.. can someone talk me out of buying Tarot of the Masters (Rickleff), please?

gregory

Nina* said:
:D

Okay.. can someone talk me out of buying Tarot of the Masters (Rickleff), please?
It is VILE ! Ugly, garish, when I set a bit for the identify game, no-one could even figure out what it WAS.

"Inspired by old masters" - this deck is not inspired; it is trite and looks like he couldn't think of a picture of his own for any of the cards so borrowed - and rehashed - REALLY badly - pix that we all used to love.

I mean - like, you did LOOK at it on line ? What happened - do you need new glasses ? Look at - for instance- the Hanged Man (on this page along with other horrors). He's bleeding flying. How come ? How he balance like that ??

Empress - waving grapes in the air while looking - well, VACANT.

Devil - looks like Curious George walking on hot coals.

Sun - don't make me laugh. And note the dainty loincloths on everyone. Mustn't see Naughty Bits. (To be fair there is a welcome shortage of naked boobs.)

And OK - I am particularly hacked off by Temperance as I LOVE the original picture and this is such a travesty. Real artists use a dash of subtlety in colour. These are - well, eyepopping.NOT in a good way.

Honestly Nina - go buy postcards from an art gallery. MUCH prettier and I bet they even read better.

I had thought better of YOU, in terms of taste. Go have a cold shower and see if you feel better in the morning.....

emmsma

Thank you all. Thoroughly de-enabled on the IJJ. Don't know what I was thinking.

And eww. Had kinda missed that Tarot of the Masters. Sorry I clicked.

Nina*

gregory said:
Honestly Nina - go buy postcards from an art gallery. MUCH prettier and I bet they even read better.

I had thought better of YOU, in terms of taste. Go have a cold shower and see if you feel better in the morning.....
Jeez... you're right; that Devil looks ridiculous.

*whispering* But I do love the Star.... which is, of course, not reason enough to buy the deck.

Sigh! Okay, cured. Thank you!

Now where to be de-enabled from BOOKS?????

Sulis

Some off topic posts have been removed.

Please remember that this is 'The De-enabling thread'... It's not meant to hurt feelings or to be taken seriously.

I'm closing this thread as it now has over 1000 posts.
A new de-enabling thread is here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1923646

Sulis - co-moderator - Tarot Decks