All new de-enabling thread

Le Fanu

magpie9 said:
If you're going to get a Marseilles, do yourself a favor and get one where Temperance isn't a Pinhead

:D :D :D so much more eloquent than I...

Jaws_Victim

I've been turned off of the noblet...for now. And I laughed, so thats good too. I need to find an enabling thread next to find out some more decks to buy :)

SolSionnach

magpie9 said:
Oy, the Noblet.
If you're going to get a Marseilles, do yourself a favor and get one where Temperance isn't a Pinhead.
LOL.
WELL, *I* always thought that the Noblet Temperance was just REALLY TALL.
As it 8-9 feet tall (243 to 274 cm, for you metric dweebs).

;)

One more thing (in case anyone else is interested in this deck) - the cardstock isn't cardstock. It's like laminated cardboard. Will last into the 23rd Century because It's Completely Impossible to Shuffle and You'll Never Read With It.

You know how you can split a hard-to-shuffle in 1/2 and riffle the 2 halves separately?

Uh uh. Even *that's* next-to impossible. Even though it's a small deck!

And I dare not Umbrae the darned thing, because it's soooper speshul. Not to mention that it's already just under 1 inch high (exactly 3 cm), and since Umbraeing makes a deck even thicker, that's not really a possibility.

The only true shuffle for this deck is 78-card pick up. :p

ETA: and you can puncture your fingers on the corners!!! O.U.C.H.

AJ

I don't believe a word you say about the Noblet Saravana :)

But the Robert Place decks...if you've got or seen one, you've seen them all. Honest and truly.

nisaba

sravana said:
And I dare not Umbrae the darned thing, because it's soooper speshul. Not to mention that it's already just under 1 inch high (exactly 3 cm), and since Umbraeing makes a deck even thicker, that's not really a possibility.
<ears prick up> What foul things does Umbrae do to a deck??? Pruriently curious people need to know. the Blackmail File needs padding out ...

SolSionnach

AJ said:
I don't believe a word you say about the Noblet Saravana :)

But the Robert Place decks...if you've got or seen one, you've seen them all. Honest and truly.
Actually, I was telling the absolute truth about the Noblet. Completely unshufflable by moi. I'm keeping it for jmd's course, but really. I cannot shuffle the damned thing without causing my trigger thumbs to act up. :rolleyes:
re: Place's decks - yes, he has quite the unmistakable style. HOWEVER - I think the facsimile deck doesn't look like his usual. IMO and all that.

Oh hell. I am going to get it, price be damned. Whenever it's available, that is.
nisaba said:
<ears prick up> What foul things does Umbrae do to a deck??? Pruriently curious people need to know. the Blackmail File needs padding out ...
Where to begin? :)

Some info is here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=86486
More here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=86486

And I'm not sure where the original thread on how to "break in" a deck is.. (otherwise known as 'umbraeing', because it's his technique), but I've done it to several of my decks with varying results.

It's not really for blackmail, unless you consider that I umbraed my Ukiyoe (the man himself compared me to gregory's signature for that!)

jackdaw*

The Noblet IS cold. With that cream-coloured background, you expect it to feel warm like the Hadar (at least that's how the Hadar feels to me). But it's not. It leaves you feeling cold, lonely and intimidated.

And it's very expensive for a TdM.

You'll regret it. Trust me.

firefrost

Yes, everything jackdaw* said.

I sold mine.

2_Journey

Could someone de-enable me for the Medicine Cards? I saw them a while ago and didn't like them. Now that I'm more interested in animal imagery I have warmed to them considerably. Help???

....Also Spirit of the Wheel looks interesting.

cardlady22

Re: Medicine Cards (there's a de-enabling thread in the Oracles forum, too!)

I love the book and the artwork, but this is the only oracle set I have not re-purchased. I don't know why the package deal doesn't keep my attention. I think I was hoping that each little medicine bit hanging on the strands below each shield had a meaning/system. Maybe they do, but I'm not seeing it.