All new de-enabling thread

The crowned one

2_Journey said:
Could someone de-enable me for the Medicine Cards?

They are nothing but cardboard and ink. I took three of them for a headache and all I got was a stomach cramp!

SolSionnach

Perhaps someone can post that anti-Native American tarots webpage here.
IIRC, the Medicine Cards were mentioned as being rather shallow.

I've yet to find an animal deck that I truly like.

Oh, you asked about Spirit of the Wheel. Lovely deck. Too bad they didn't know the difference between a duck and a goose - a "duck" card has a pic of a Canada Goose. Also, the art was not painted with the deck in mind...

I sold mine - I had both the "mini" Medicine Cards and SotW.

Le Fanu

AJ said:
I don't believe a word you say about the Noblet Saravana

Without meaning to disclose confidential information, I can say honestly and truthfully that in a PM from sravana to me she really did bemoan the unshufflability of the Noblet...

And it wasnt even in the interests of de-enabling...

Cat*

Medicine Cards

My Beloved has them (but doesn't use them); I've tried reading with them a few times, usually as add-ons in tarot readings. I wasn't particularly impressed. If you're into reading with the book, they might work better, but I couldn't get much out of them with an intuitive approach.

What little I've read of the book mostly seemed like wishy-washy Native-flavored generic feel-good oracle stuff. I didn't get the impression it was well-researched and following one particular Native American tradition/system. But this is a feeling more than anything, because I'm so not an expert on Native American anything. (You can always ask Mi-Shell if you want a well-founded opinion about this deck's relation to actual Native Americans and their traditions, however.)

The fronts have too little of an actual image and way too much wasted space. I keep wanting to trim them, but cutting off two third of the card seems even more of a waste... The backs are plain ugly.

cardlady22 said:
I think I was hoping that each little medicine bit hanging on the strands below each shield had a meaning/system. Maybe they do, but I'm not seeing it.
I've tried to read those bits, too, in my desperation for getting something to actually read from out of these cards. Then I noticed that they have like four or five versions of shield decoration and those are repeated in other cards. One might try and treat them as a sort of "suits" but somehow I doubt there would be much sense to find...

Debra

Medicine cards.

They're just pictures of animals in a round shape intended to look like a shield. It would be more fun and meaningful to make your own with pictures of animals that have meaning to you.

Aerin

2_Journey said:
Could someone de-enable me for the Medicine Cards? I saw them a while ago and didn't like them. Now that I'm more interested in animal imagery I have warmed to them considerably. Help???

There is no imagery. Deeply disappointing and boring as Debra says. The cardstock is rubbish and thin and also has those bumps on the side from where they are pressed out.

As cards, just dull baby dull.

Aerin

Starshower

Hello. All this windy weather is giving me a terrible, unshiftable headache these last few days. Low pressure always causes cluster headaches & high BP for me. OUCH!
So I need cheering up.
Is (are) there any good reason(s) why I shouldn't try to get hold of the Enchanted Tarot tapestry deck by Amy Zerner? It IS wonderful, isn't it? It WILL cure my poor head, won't it?

Aerin

It won't cure your head because just looking at all that detail and stiches and so-on is enough to GIVE you a headache.

Go online and you can get free readings with the deck anyway here http://www.theenchantedworld.com/freereadings/ - you have NO need for this deck.

Aerin

Starshower

Enchanted - yes or no???

Hmmm ... well, thanks for that, Aerin, & esp. the link. I've just tried out their pages & am quite disappointed. Although the advice given was balanced & sound general good sense, it bore no relation to my questions.
Generalisations can be good, but I didn't feel anything was remotely relevant, even with my best efforts at selective personalising attention /editing.
You may be right about too much pretty detail being ... well, too much - esp. with my headaches! (although I do quite like some well-integrated 'busy' pictures full of immediately-readable imagery).
The jury is still out ... ta anyway.

eta I simply love your strange blue unicornish dragon-creature! What / who is (s)he?

Debra

Help help help

Tell me why the US Games Visconti-Sforza Tarot is a bad idea.

Hurry.