All new de-enabling thread

Jaws_Victim

I've seen all the cards in the Cary-Yale online and I've held it before. As a comparison I prefer it over the Visconti. The Visconti I have is the super large U.S. Games version.

Debra

Check.

Magpie likes the US Games Visconti Sforza. But everyone knows she's easy.

Cerulean, who has exquisite taste, in her systematic comparison of the various Viscontis says she prefers the wildly expensive version of the Visconti Sforza.

Jaws Victim and the Crowned One both like the Cary Yale.

Nisaba likes something, and very articulately, but heck if I know what it is.

I am confused and thereby de-enabled.

Hey! A new de-enabling strategy!

Aerin

Starshower said:
eta I simply love your strange blue unicornish dragon-creature! What / who is (s)he?

Found on a free avatar site and just lovely. See, if there was a deck with stuff like that on (and not too cheesy/ fluffy bunny like SOME I could mention but won't) I'd have it.

The Enchanted: The cardstock isn't great either and the cards are a weird shape for shuffling. The packaging is a bit rubbish and once you've extracted everything you can't get it back in properly for fear of damaging the cards. Then, when you have, you are scared to take it all out again. Also, the colours are a bit wussy and blah - but you will have seen that on the site.

Aerin

Aerin

Debra said:
Check.

Magpie likes the US Games Visconti Sforza. But everyone knows she's easy.

Cerulean, who has exquisite taste, in her systematic comparison of the various Viscontis says she prefers the wildly expensive version of the Visconti Sforza.

Jaws Victim and the Crowned One both like the Cary Yale.

Nisaba likes something, and very articulately, but heck if I know what it is.

I am confused and thereby de-enabled.

Hey! A new de-enabling strategy!

Exactly.
Whatever you go, you would feel disappointed because someone, somehere would always have a Better One.

I had a VS once. Too much gold, stupid fattish faces who don't seem to know anything but just kind of stare dumbly when asked anything. And missing OR else made up cards that don't really fit and which are irritating.

Cary Yale. 19 -yes 19 - made up cards. That's a HUGE proportion of made-up-ness. The Visconti Sforza has 4 made up cards which is still cross-making.

It's much better as pictures in a book than in card form.

Aerin

Debra

Yes, I forgot, the 19 made up cards is what put me off the Cary Yale.

I'm not a big fan of Scapini who did the missing cards for the US Games version, and that's one reason I like(d) the hey-ho! a hundred bucks! Dal Negro version.

The idea of someone having a better one--makes me shudder just to type it LOL

Starshower

Thanks, Aerin. Poor cardstock, wrong shuffling-shape, unuseable packaging, wussy colours ... ok, I'll give the Enchanted a miss then. None of the online 'readings' worked either - too 1-size-fits-all-ish - which is all one can expect really, but still. Consider me saved. :)

I'd def want a Tarot featuring your Creature too.
[The avatar I use on other sites & really want to have here has too many pixels, tragically, even tho' it's the right size. Is there any way I could surgically remove a few? ]

Alta

Starshower said:
[The avatar I use on other sites & really want to have here has too many pixels, tragically, even tho' it's the right size. Is there any way I could surgically remove a few? ]

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

This one is great (and free!), I have a shortcut on my desktop it is so useful. And easy to use.

And now, back to de-enabling. :)

Le Fanu

The crowned one said:
Cary-Yale Visconti rocks.... all other decks fall short. I own them all.

Debra, trust me .....I do own them all.

I also own them all and Debra - please - trust me... The Cary Yale, whenever I cut the deck I always get a nasty pink Scapini card. I always get a made up, not authentic card. Drives me mad. Id use it more if I could shuffle it too.

If you're collecting cards to read with why on earth would you want the Cary-Yale?

And I have a first edition, so I really should love it more....

ETA; just read; you wanted the Dal negro..... Pallid colours. Washed out.... not good... (in a rush.... Sorry :))

gregory

Alta said:
sigh. I do get this thread, honest. But I convinced Robert Place to sign up to ATF at the Readers Studio and he did yesterday. And trust me, he isn't shallow.
This is UNFAIR :mad: If I had posted that I would have been told I was off topic and wasn't de-enabling and modded out. Where's Sulis when I REALLY want to see someone ELSE get it in the neck ???

(excuse me, Alta. You know I love you really, and you best warn him about this thread..... Other creators have been upset by it !!!!)

But I can't see that Cary-Yale or not sheet - not that I ever buy sheets,so I can look !

WinterRose

*Holds up a giant 'off topic' sign*

That help, Gregory? ;)