All new de-enabling thread

gregory

sapienza said:
All I can think of is how bloody long that would take! I will colour my own one day, maybe when the kids are older and I have a bit more spare time......maybe. I bet you have the deck don't you???? Then again, I guess that doesn't really mean anything does it? :)
It will take a long time, yes. And THINK how much you will save on decks you won't have time to buy ! Hell - you can buy yourself a private Learjet..... forget the carrots !

As to the rest - *zip*

2_Journey

Alright, so I finally had time to look at the entire Anna K tarot, and there are some cards I love a great deal. There are others that I am less enamored with. I think I can hold off for now. Seeing the entire deck really helped.

De-enabling accomplished!

Now does someone want to talk me out of the Fantastic Menagerie or the Fairytale Tarot? They're the only MRP decks I haven't tried yet, and they are callllllling to me!

jackdaw*

I had the Fantastic Menagerie. Twice in fact. And to me, it was just a bunch of pictures. I tried to love it, I tried to read with it. And I just couldn't. I got the book, thinking that might help. But it didn't.

Physically, the cardstock is too thin and whippy for a deck of its size (MRP decks are just this side of too big), so the matte cards tend to stick together slightly. The cards are sturdy, they just feel too thin. And the box is a tad too snug for the cards, always running the risk of bending at least one or the LWB.

As for the Fairytale, too many of the cards refer to obscure fairytales, so a great deal of research is needed to read with it. I've heard many people say this deck works well as an oracle. But it's not an oracle, it's a Tarot deck, and you SHOULD be able to read with it as such.

lark

sapienza said:
Seeing we're kind of still on the topic of the Vacchetta.....I have the LS version, which I LOVE (I'm even ok with the green borders for some strange reason) but I feel compelled to get myself the Meneghello version as well. It looks good on the scans I've seen, but maybe I'm missing something. Anyone care to de-enable....remember, I do LOVE the LS Vacchetta (not that I'd suggest anyone else get it for reasons covered earlier by sravana ;)).
You will never use it...it's one of those fussy collector card decks that come in a be-ribboned box that ties on the side and the cards are alway sliding out of...un-laminated card stock... fussy, fussy...you'll love it, but you'll never use it, you'll say "Oh, better use the faithful, usable, Masters deck don't want to muss-up the nice pretty collector deck."
And you will happily use the LS deck...me I have both and I actually like the coloring of the LS version better, the other is nice, but in contrast to the LS it looks kind of comic book colored.

Nina*

gregory said:
Nina - you don't need a deck to keep you on your spiritual path; if you did, you wouldn't be on it already, since the deck isn't out yet....
Dang. True.

OH... but I was also only trying to explain that it wouldn't be a new spiritual path for me to learn.

gregory

Nina* said:
Dang. True.

OH... but I was also only trying to explain that it wouldn't be a new spiritual path for me to learn.
But nor is it one on which you need a deck to guide you.... })

Now go and have a nice piece of cake.....

2_Journey

jackdaw* said:
I had the Fantastic Menagerie. Twice in fact. And to me, it was just a bunch of pictures. I tried to love it, I tried to read with it. And I just couldn't. I got the book, thinking that might help. But it didn't.

Physically, the cardstock is too thin and whippy for a deck of its size (MRP decks are just this side of too big), so the matte cards tend to stick together slightly. The cards are sturdy, they just feel too thin. And the box is a tad too snug for the cards, always running the risk of bending at least one or the LWB.

As for the Fairytale, too many of the cards refer to obscure fairytales, so a great deal of research is needed to read with it. I've heard many people say this deck works well as an oracle. But it's not an oracle, it's a Tarot deck, and you SHOULD be able to read with it as such.

Jackdaw*, you may have de-enabled me for the Fantastic Menagerie. I am worried that they might be just "pretty pictures" to me, and I do want to have a reading collection. I think I might work better with animal imagery like in the Druid Animal Oracle or the Hawaiian Oracle.

The Fairytale....ohhh, that one might be a lost de-enabling cause. I love fairytales. I am actually thinking of writing a series of poems based on some of the more obscure fairytales. I'm trying to resist. I really don't need another deck now.

Aerin

2_Journey said:
Jackdaw*, you may have de-enabled me for the Fantastic Menagerie. I am worried that they might be just "pretty pictures" to me, and I do want to have a reading collection. I think I might work better with animal imagery like in the Druid Animal Oracle or the Hawaiian Oracle.

The Fairytale....ohhh, that one might be a lost de-enabling cause. I love fairytales. I am actually thinking of writing a series of poems based on some of the more obscure fairytales. I'm trying to resist. I really don't need another deck now.

Druid Animal Oracle: Will Worthington's art, HUGE cards that are v. hard to shuffle. The cards really are large.

Hawaiian: Just say NO. 36 photographs with "digital enhancements". No. No. No. Do your own.

Fairytale: er.... welll..... you do need to know a lot about the tales, and it's very easy to get overwhelmed with the sheer detail of it all.

Aerin

sapienza

lark said:
You will never use it...it's one of those fussy collector card decks that come in a be-ribboned box that ties on the side and the cards are alway sliding out of...un-laminated card stock... fussy, fussy...you'll love it, but you'll never use it, you'll say "Oh, better use the faithful, usable, Masters deck don't want to muss-up the nice pretty collector deck."
And you will happily use the LS deck...me I have both and I actually like the coloring of the LS version better, the other is nice, but in contrast to the LS it looks kind of comic book colored.

lark, you've done it. I now realise I do not need this deck, you are absolutely right. Thanks SO much :) Of course this means I'll now need to find myself a back-up of the LS one, seeing as I'll be using it so much :laugh:

lark

sapienza said:
lark, you've done it. I now realise I do not need this deck, you are absolutely right. Thanks SO much :) Of course this means I'll now need to find myself a back-up of the LS one, seeing as I'll be using it so much :laugh:
LOL...Well OK...if you think you must...might be OOP now though. LOL
And just think now you won't have to spring for those museum grade white gloves for handling that fussy deck.