All new de-enabling thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
I'm afraid I have to disagree. This is the de-enabling thread. Nobody ought to have anything.
This is true. So send them all to me. I have such a lot I won't KNOW about them arriving, so it won't matter

Legacy. Look - even if you want it - it looks so great on the website you don't have to BUY it ! But - in my experience the ones that look great on line rarely are..... And what Debra said.

And it will be a lot cheaper once everyone sees what debra has seen. Even if you can't stop yourself, stop yourself long enough to save money - and by then you will be wanting that one I just got e-mail about this morning that most people here have already said they will buy in the creator's thread here so what is the point of mentioning it .....
Top   #231
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravana
2) I don't have any other decks that scream **60s**
Does it scream 60s? Are you sure? I thought it screamed recent bad art...

Quote:
4) I'm sick of decks that are scribbled with pencil
OK, makes sense.. but why desire a deck which is scribbled with old, clogged up brushes

Quote:
7) I prefer the rich colors of oil paints
ME too, but they're not to be found in the Golden. It has what I would call the "sludge potential" of oil paint.

Quote:
9) Everyone needs a good RWS in their collection
I thought you no longer considered yourself a collector? Ive read various posts of yours with "when I used to be a collector" type thing.... Now it's just the ones you read with, right?

Just remember that Devil card with the badly daubed eyeliner. And I bet the font on the cards will really rile you. It does me. Just not right. And you won't read with it...
Top   #232
Ball of Doom

coyoteblack 

Thank you all!

I can wait on the LoD until it comes to mass market. The Pamela deck I am still wanting except might wait and see if I can just buy the book.
Top   #233
Citizen

faunabay 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra
Legacy of the Divine artwork: think of what's airbrushed on the side of a Chevy van occupied by a couple of grody looking guys with a six-pack of beer, a well-thumbed I Ching, and a couple of sleeping bags in the back. They stopped shaving because they're groovy, man, and hoping to find some groovy chicks to take for a ride. Because, you know, it's like cosmic. Man.
(giggling madly) OK, there you go Debra! That's the way to deenable!!! ROFL Thank you!!!
Top   #234
Citizen

BodhiSeed 

Can anyone de-enable me from Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...ortunes-wheel/
Please?
Top   #235
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhran
Can anyone de-enable me from Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...ortunes-wheel/
Please?
Yes !

The colouring is over-saturated, so that a lot of the imagery is obscured.

Huson's book on Mystical Origins of the Tarot is a great read - well-written and witty (thanks for the quote, debra; I borrowed it from another thread !) Read the book instead of getting the deck.

It's a bit of a TdM RWS mix - not so hot. It provides a reconstruction of the missing link between Marseille and Etteilla, says Ric.

I had hoped for a TdM with illustrated pips. I didn't get that.

And the meanings seem obscure - don't fit with what I have read either with TdM or RWS. (as a glorpish reader that isn't a huge issue for me but might be for others.........

By the way - I know Huson is a member here. Paul - please read the rules of this thread.... Creators should perhaps never read it at all !
Top   #236
Citizen

MysticalMoose 

The Coldplay Tarot ...." It was all Yellow"....

At first I considered getting Dame Fortunes Wheel...I love the 2 of Cups but there is just sooo much YELLOW! akkkkkkk.... gave me a a headache just looking at the scans.. also some of those odd hairdo's really creeped me out...don't buy it....eat smarties.
Top   #237
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Yes - the overpowering YELLOW is the worst; it gives you migraine.....
Top   #238
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

I need deenabling from the Motherwell. Only because I haven't any money, but I still need help....

ETA oops; I see it isn't mentioned here..... generic de-enabling for the broke, then, please....
Top   #239
Citizen

jackdaw* 

Ummm ... just found the pics for that Motherwell deck. If they don't de-enable on their own, I don't know what we could tell you that won't.

Very simple and very flat. Very dull.

Looking at the images, I'm not sure if the artist cribbed from the Aquarian Tarot or cribbed from his pre-schooler's drawings hung on the fridge door. I see strong influences of both. And you have your own copy of the Aquarian, and your own fridge drawings from the grandsprogs. You don't need to pay for this.
Top   #240
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.