All new de-enabling thread

> Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

JennyFunk 
dun dun dun

Okay, so I really want to buy a Songs for the Journey Home set...I've recently treated myself and bought a few decks, but I'm pining for this set. I've been on a roll lately and I don't wanna get out of control! hee hee. Help me, help me!
Top   #271
Citizen

Sinduction 

How about the Paulina?
Top   #272
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinduction
How about the Paulina?
I find it disappointing. I really wanted to like it but I find the cards rather un-tarotic and they seem so similar to each other in line and colour.
Top   #273
Citizen

Muir Aingeal 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinduction
How about the Paulina?
It's looks too much like greeting cards.
Top   #274
Citizen

sapienza 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyFunk
Okay, so I really want to buy a Songs for the Journey Home set...I've recently treated myself and bought a few decks, but I'm pining for this set. I've been on a roll lately and I don't wanna get out of control! hee hee. Help me, help me!
Songs for the Journey Home looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old. My cards have really pale and washed out colours. At first I found it interesting but after looking through it a few times I put it away and have never ever done a reading with it. Many of the drawings are hard to work out which is top and which is bottom, which is even more challenging seeing the deck is round. Suits and courts are re-named, if that's an issue for you. I don't know of anyone who actually uses this deck. I'm sure you don't need it. And if you have just bought yourself a few new decks then you owe it to them to spend some time with then.
Top   #275
Citizen

sapienza 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderMist
It's looks too much like greeting cards.
I don't have the Paulina but I agree with LavenderMist....every card looks like a new age greeting card. I think this deck has been de-enabled before, possibly in the last thread, if you wanted to search. Probably easier to just not get it
Top   #276
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
Songs for the Journey Home looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old. My cards have really pale and washed out colours. At first I found it interesting but after looking through it a few times I put it away and have never ever done a reading with it. Many of the drawings are hard to work out which is top and which is bottom, which is even more challenging seeing the deck is round. Suits and courts are re-named, if that's an issue for you. I don't know of anyone who actually uses this deck. I'm sure you don't need it. And if you have just bought yourself a few new decks then you owe it to them to spend some time with then.
Amen to all that. It is even worse as art than Rachel Pollack's decks - and at least she knows what she is DOING !

As for the Paulina - I agree with Alta. I really wanted to like it, but I think the hype had finally prevented that before it actually arrived.... And there was loads in the last thread - have you the energy to look ? If not - you can't want it that much, if you can't be bothered to put the legwork in !
Top   #277
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory
hype
Enough said. That's the keyword.... you can just feel US Games trying to convince us it's really where it's at.

I know when Im being manipulated, and words like "sassy" and "whimsical" and a picture of the creator in thigh boots and looking 12 years old trying to sell her wares immediately ring alarm bells...

Even Tarot Garden describes it as "somewhat uneven in the skill of its execution"...
Top   #278
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
Even Tarot Garden describes it as "somewhat uneven in the skill of its execution"...
BRILLIANT !
Top   #279
Citizen

thorhammer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
and a picture of the creater in thigh boots and looking 12 years old trying to sell her wares immediately ring alarm bells...
You know, I loved the Paulina when it was being hyped . . . and then I saw that picture, too, and immediately it sort of went off-colour. Like milk that's one day past consumption date. Just that hint of sourness or wrongness; nothing major, just, "Errrm, there's something not quite right here"

\m/ Kat
Top   #280
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.