All new de-enabling thread

> Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Welf 

Holey moley, this thread is enough to make me never ever think about considering becoming a collector of Tarot Decks in any shape or form... Reading this I consider I am fortunate in that I don't have a need to be de-enabled about any deck. I'm not a collector of Tarot decks, thus I do not pine and drool and sweat like you lot do...

This just has to be one of the most consistently hilarious threads I have ever come across anywhere..... I'm loving it... it's like a daily gossip update... Owhhh bless my mum, you lot must be one hell of a nightmare to go shopping with looking for Tarot decks.... lol...

Welf
Top   #281
Citizen

nisaba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
Even Tarot Garden describes it as "somewhat uneven in the skill of its execution"...
And they kill with kindness. I've seem them wax lyrical about the most dreadful decks. For them to be lukewarm is condemnation indeed!
Top   #282
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba
And they kill with kindness. I've seem them wax lyrical about the most dreadful decks. For them to be lukewarm is condemnation indeed!
Very true

Get this then; they've currently got the dreaded Power Animal Tarot in stock under the banner "5 GREAT new AG Muller titles in stock"...
Top   #283
Citizen

nisaba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welf
Holey moley, this thread is enough to make me never ever think about considering becoming a collector of Tarot Decks in any shape or form...
It's good to know that Greggors has done well, saving others from the Terrible Fate that has become her own. Mind you, she's been known to encourage me privately, even goading me into purchases! Never trust a de-enabler who owns many decks - they're up to something.)

Quote:
Reading this I consider I am fortunate in that I don't have a need to be de-enabled about any deck. I'm not a collector of Tarot decks, thus I do not pine and drool and sweat like you lot do...
<horribly shocked> WHAT! And we let you in?

Quote:
This just has to be one of the most consistently hilarious threads I have ever come across anywhere..... I'm loving it... it's like a daily gossip update... Owhhh bless my mum, you lot must be one hell of a nightmare to go shopping with looking for Tarot decks.... lol...
Welf
<smirk> They're my little treasures. It's actually worth doing a long-term scope through this thread and its predecessor - I know that I have ... er ... bought decks I've been effectively de-enabled on before.

In my personal life, I know two one-deck-wonders, and one three-deck wonder (how they can live such barren lives escapes me), and I've often toyed with the idea of sitting them down in front of thi thread. Giving them presents doesn't work - I always get them back - but perhaps, having them chortle their way through the de-enabling thread might just work ... to de-enable them, of course!
Top   #284
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 

Thankya Alta, Greggers and Le Fanu - I must admit I've toyed on and off with the idea of buying the Paulina, but no more!

My collection continues to diminish....Mwahahaha....
Top   #285
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Very true

Get this then; they've currently got the dreaded Power Animal Tarot in stock under the banner "5 GREAT new AG Muller titles in stock"...
I have already had words with them about that. The response I got was priceless, but I cannot share it here due to market sensitivity. I assume I do not need to de-enable it again ?
Top   #286
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefrost
Thankya Alta, Greggers and Le Fanu - I must admit I've toyed on and off with the idea of buying the Paulina, but no more!

My collection continues to diminish....Mwahahaha....
Spoken like a true Sparkperson
Top   #287
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory
Spoken like a true Sparkperson
Wunner if I'll ever look as skinny as the females on the cards....Err...Nope!
Top   #288
Citizen

SolSionnach 

Quote:
Enough said. That's the keyword.... you can just feel US Games trying to convince us it's really where it's at.

I know when Im being manipulated, and words like "sassy" and "whimsical" and a picture of the creator in thigh boots and looking 12 years old trying to sell her wares immediately ring alarm bells...

Even Tarot Garden describes it as "somewhat uneven in the skill of its execution"...
Wow. That last bit is painful. LOL to TG.

And you're quite right about that pic of the creatrix (!) - to compare her work to Thoth, or Liber T, or Haindl, or Light and Shadow, or any number of well thought out tarots... sheesh.

Not to enable anyone for those 4 decks....
Thoth: Crowley was a DEGENERATE!!11!!!
Liber T: just look at the BESTIALITY on the TEN OF CUPS, for crying out loud!
Haindl: It's like reading MUD, I tell ya!
L&S: Shitty cardstock, WAY too large cards!

(there. Did I get in under the wire??)
Top   #289
Citizen

lizziecat 

I want a Deviant Moon tarot just because it's one of the absolute best gosh-darn flipping brilliant artwork of any tarot to come out in years.

And of course I want the Commemorative Pamela deck.

If either (or both) are published by US Games that would probably be enough to stop me (I refuse to purchase any US Games deck until they take the copyright notice off the front of each card and put it on the back), but if not.....
Top   #290
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.