All new de-enabling thread

2_Journey

Aerin said:
Druid Animal Oracle: Will Worthington's art, HUGE cards that are v. hard to shuffle. The cards really are large.

Hawaiian: Just say NO. 36 photographs with "digital enhancements". No. No. No. Do your own.

Woops! I should have been more clear. I already own the Druid Animal Oracle and the Hawaiian, and I love them both! So I was trying to talk myself into sticking to what I already own, rather than buying something new. Thanks for the attempt at de-enabling, but I'm afraid for those two decks its a lost cause.

SolSionnach

lark said:
You will never use it...it's one of those fussy collector card decks that come in a be-ribboned box that ties on the side and the cards are alway sliding out of...un-laminated card stock... fussy, fussy...you'll love it, but you'll never use it, you'll say "Oh, better use the faithful, usable, Masters deck don't want to muss-up the nice pretty collector deck."
And you will happily use the LS deck...me I have both and I actually like the coloring of the LS version better, the other is nice, but in contrast to the LS it looks kind of comic book colored.
What she said. Exactly, down to preferring the LS's colors, and the comic book allusion.

Just. Say. NO!

Le Fanu

I didn't listen to anyone here at de-enabling when I was told that with the Scarabeo Tarot of the Master (and like sravana I have a trimmed and untrimmed) it wasn't necessary to get the Vacchetta.

I didn't listen, bought it and never use it. Yes, it sits on the shelf, yes the trimmed LoS version is far better, yes, yes, yes...They feel like two different decks. A different colour scheme. Mine is my least used Meneghello deck (apart from the doll's house Soprafino)...

LittleGoblin

Anybody want a go at Zerner-Farber? :D

Dusk Till Dawn

I got the kit, because I loved the cards. For some reason, they are unreadable for me. They give me mixed- weird messages. Sometimes I look through the cards. But gave up on trying to read with them.

sapienza

With the Zerner-Farber there are a few of the cards that are slightly out of focus or skewed and that REALLY annoys me. It's kind of pretty and looks good laid out because there are no borders, but I agree with Seeker*13, it really doesn't read very well. Also, not great card stock.

sapienza

Le Fanu said:
I didn't listen to anyone here at de-enabling when I was told that with the Scarabeo Tarot of the Master (and like sravana I have a trimmed and untrimmed) it wasn't necessary to get the Vacchetta.

I didn't listen, bought it and never use it. Yes, it sits on the shelf, yes the trimmed LoS version is far better, yes, yes, yes...They feel like two different decks. A different colour scheme. Mine is my least used Meneghello deck (apart from the doll's house Soprafino)...

OK, I'm not going to get it. But I do have my eye out for a back-up of the Master. Funny, I don't mind the borders for some reason, it's the backs I really dislike.

ETA....any pictures anywhere of a trimmed Tarot of the Master?

gregory

sapienza said:
OK, I'm not going to get it. But I do have my eye out for a back-up of the Master. Funny, I don't mind the borders for some reason, it's the backs I really dislike.

ETA....any pictures anywhere of a trimmed Tarot of the Master?
Download it, colour it and clip it. :D Job done.

For those that MUST have it, a year or so ago so likely still there were rip off copies of the LS selling on ebay for peanuts. The box was crap but if you just want to be cutting up the cards.....

Zerber Farber. Just DON'T. It's fussy and confusing and tacky and pallid and....
I have to go; I'm away for a few days. Think reading with upholstery fabric....

Chronata

The Zerner Farber is the weird close ups of just part of the huge tapestries that make up the Enchanted tarot.

I used to own them both...and in my opinion, the Zerner Farber...much of the time...chooses to showcase the least intersting thing about the original tapestry. And yeah...the focus is bad on some of them...like they took an original grainy photo and zoomed in with lousy results.

Pass on the ZF.

lark

Skip the ZF or at least before you buy it do this as an experiment...take another deck lay a spread with it and then throw a big old doily on top of it, OK...now take a good look ...thats about the size of what you're dealing with with the ZF...good luck :D