All new de-enabling thread

gregory

*sneaks to trading threads even given that overdraft... With any luck I have them all....*

Aerin

*sneaks back*

Um.

Er.

Am trying to buy a Tarot of the Cloisters. Should I?

Aerin

gregory

Aerin said:
*sneaks back*

Um.

Er.

Am trying to buy a Tarot of the Cloisters. Should I?

Aerin
NO ! I saw that thread and rushed over in case....
They are freaking ROUND, for goodness sake. Can't shuffle; can't tell which way is up.

They are pretty beer mats; that's all. Go steal some from your local pub (and bring me back a pint of Sheep, while you're there :D)

Aerin

gregory said:
NO ! I saw that thread and rushed over in case....
They are freaking ROUND, for goodness sake. Can't shuffle; can't tell which way is up.

They are pretty beer mats; that's all. Go steal some from your local pub (and bring me back a pint of Sheep, while you're there :D)

pretty though...

see pretty pics see look and see

Round doesn't do it.... you are talking to the girl who bought the Circle of Life and can't read with it.

I managed to get rid of the Motherpeace because it hated men, but ... stained glass?

Taamar

I am sitting here making boxes for my decks that came as sets and there's a little voice saying 'Support local businesses! Go buy a new deck!'. You've already de-enabled the round decks (thank you!), but what's wrong with going to see if they have a Deirdre of the Sorrows (and getting something else if they don't)?

help?

gregory

Aerin said:
pretty though...

Round doesn't do it.... you are talking to the girl who bought the Circle of Life and can't read with it.

I managed to get rid of the Motherpeace because it hated men, but ... stained glass?
You can't manage Circle of life - what on EARTH makes you think you can hack Cloisters ?

As for Deirdre - I'm sorry, but it is just AWFUL. Amateurish looking art, looks like it was scribbled with pencil in a hurry.... Muddy. Weird faces. Just don't.

Sulis

gregory said:
As for Deirdre - I'm sorry, but it is just AWFUL. Amateurish looking art, looks like it was scribbled with pencil in a hurry.... Muddy. Weird faces. Just don't.

To add to what gregory has said (and I agree with every word so far), the 'linen' cardstock isn't all that either; it feels like that vinyl wallpaper from the 1970s, the horrible wipe clean stuff that you'd see in bathrooms and kitchens - not like linen at all in my opinion.
It's a dreary deck with some weird cards in it, like an 8 of Wands that shows 2 people standing on a bridge over a very slow-flowing stream and a 4 of Pentacles that shows a woman walking away from a house.
If you read the book and go strictly by the artists meanings you'll be fine but if you want to actually 'read' the cards with any system you've already learned then you'll have trouble.

gregory

And she should know. She unloaded it on me..... :(

WolfSpirit

Aerin said:
pretty though...

They are not as pretty IRL as they seem to be - trust me.
Yes like stained glass - meaning you only see the picture properly if you step back and look at it from a distance, otherwise you just see colours and thick black lines. So this works well for windows, but not for decks - you want to be close to your decks, especially if you use them in a reading.
It was a nice idea but did not work out so well, and apart from the stained glass effect, there is nothing inspirational or innovative about them.