All new de-enabling thread

Brigid

nisaba said:
Oh, and it insists on being carried around the whole time. She has so many open fires, boiling kettles, and smoking chimneys in the deck, you just *know* the house will catch fire if you go out and leave the deck unsupervised.

:bugeyed: *smacks forehead* :bugeyed:
Great! Just GREAT! Another deck I have to lug around with me at all times!

sapienza

I haven't actually had time to visit this thread for a couple of days and so I've just read through to catch up. I can't believe how much I've missed. It's really quite funny when you read it in large chunks. Anyway, I'm pleased I wasn't around to try and de-enable with certain historical decks (faunabay, how are you going with that???? :))

nisaba said:
Don't get it.

No, better.

Make sure NOBODY gets it.

Buy it, seal it in airtight plastic to prevent contamination, send it to me. I'll know what to do to defuse it.

OK, tell the truth nisaba, were you the one who just paid almost $410 for the Granny Jones on EBay? :D

nisaba

Brigid*69 said:
:bugeyed: *smacks forehead* :bugeyed:
Great! Just GREAT! Another deck I have to lug around with me at all times!
<sympathetically> Yeah, I know. Total de-enablement material.

nisaba

ilweran said:
My office manager says it's the colour of madness. Nice considering we work for a mental health charity and until recently our walls were painted an unpleasant shade of it. Now we have lilac walls which seems much more soothing.
The owner of my home painted the whole place canary-yellow, inside and out. Can you imagine.

Although, to give him credit I was *always* like this.

nisaba

sapienza said:
OK, tell the truth nisaba, were you the one who just paid almost $410 for the Granny Jones on EBay? :D
<virtuously> Nope.

I bought mine, all half-dozen of them, within a month of publication for the list-price, which would have been quite a reasonable $40 Australian or so. Problem is, I gave most of 'em away. I could buy a badly needed *car* with them now, at those prices!

And anyway, I'm a poor-arse. Just ask Jeannette - she contributes to de-enabling me on, well, on everything else in life. <hides grin>

ilweran

nisaba said:
The owner of my home painted the whole place canary-yellow, inside and out. Can you imagine.

Although, to give him credit I was *always* like this.

What colour were the carpets? In work they are (or were, as they've faded badly) pink :bugeyed:

I know it's been done, but somebody tell me I don't want to get sucked into the cynical marketing ploy that is the Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set. I don't even really like the RWS, I guess I'm just hoping I'll dislike this one less.

At the very least I need to be de-enabled long enough that when I do buy it I can use an Amazon voucher that I know is heading my way in a few weeks. With a bit of luck, by then there'll be something else I want more :D

Le Fanu

ilweran said:
I know it's been done, but somebody tell me I don't want to get sucked into the cynical marketing ploy that is the Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set. I don't even really like the RWS, I guess I'm just hoping I'll dislike this one less

Just get your standard RWS and leave it overnight in a tub of tea. Honestly, it really is a case of tea-stained and not much else.

I bought it this week, ooh-ed and ahh-ed, read the PCS mini-biography, perused the postcards, came to the conclusion that I shall never read with the deck.

I folded up the blue organza bag, tucked it inside the box and put it on the shelf. That must have been Tuesday. It is now Thursday.

I remember that I got a giggle out of Mr Kaplan's coy terminology "there is no evidence that Pamela Colman Smith experienced intimate relations with a man". But as for the rest, I think I might be forgetting it already...

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
I remember that I got a giggle out of Mr Kaplan's coy terminology "there is no evidence that Pamela Colman Smith experienced intimate relations with a man".
<shakes head sadly> Tragic, isn't it.

cardlady22

OK, now that really did it for me on the PCS Commemorative. Grrrrr.
*biting my tongue before a whole mess of uncharitable rhetoric flows out*

faunabay

sapienza said:
Anyway, I'm pleased I wasn't around to try and de-enable with certain historical decks (faunabay, how are you going with that???? :))
:D
I WAS doing fine until you had to post about your experience with the Ancient Italian!!!! :mad: :rolleyes: