All new de-enabling thread

SolSionnach

Debra said:
Please don't throw stones at de-enablers who just happen to have a deck you want and who just happen to list their decks in their profiles.

What would be our motive to come back here and help you?
Umm, I thought that was good-natured snark. Everyone knows that the best deenablers have that deck in their collection (like me, with the Maat, see above).

Nisaba, did I offend you? I was attempting a bit of a tease!

nisaba

<cackle> I took it as a bit of a good-natured snark. I wasn't offended. I hope no one saw me cowering in the corner with my arms over my head and thought I was afraid ...

Debra

Oh nisaba, tis not you I'm worried about!

I feel it is fine to peek at the profile of a person seeking de-enabling to see if a deck they've already got is as good or better as the one they're trying to resist. But. I am just a teeny bit defensive of myself and others who blithely list what we've got in our profiles and just as blithely talk trash about some of our beloved decks to others.

Damn. I *knew* I shouldn't have bought a glass house.

magpie9

...just one of many reasons why I've never listed all mine...that and totally slow and dyslectic typing skills. :eek:
YOU are Brave, Our Debra !! :thumbsup:

sapienza

sravana said:
NEWS: I had both the Ancient Italian and Tarot of the Master in my shopping cart... and I deleted both of them! I was :::this::: close - and both of them would be dupes!

However, I still need deenabling from both of them. I feel my resolve weakening... weakening... weakening...

I'm afraid I can't help you at all. I already have two copies of each and I love the Ancient Italian so much I want to get a third copy.....just in case. Mabye someone can help both of us. :laugh:

Maybe this is just not de-enableable (I don't think that's even a word). Anway, if your absolutely favourite deck is going out of print then is it really that crazy to have a couple of back-ups? I bet everyone who loves and uses the RWS deck regurarly would stock up if it happened to go out of print. I'm possibly just trying to justify my own madness here but the idea of the Ancient Italian out of print and not available is just horrifying :)

Of course it is a crap deck, for anyone other than sravana or me ;)

gregory

sravana said:
Now, I would love one of those colored Mitellis (Dal Negro? Not sure, but they're gorgeous), but I absolutely definitely completely do NOT have the money for one of those.
Be grateful. You could have coloured them better. Yes - even YOU ! Download the black and white one (I saw it somewhere while looking for the vacchetta for someone) and do it yourself.
debra said:
I feel it is fine to peek at the profile of a person seeking de-enabling to see if a deck they've already got is as good or better as the one they're trying to resist. But. I am just a teeny bit defensive of myself and others who blithely list what we've got in our profiles and just as blithely talk trash about some of our beloved decks to others.
Ahem... :| (the BBC sucks. }))

But DUPLICATES ?????? when you could get something you DON'T GOT ???? For whatever reason (except dual residence....)
Nah.

thorhammer

gregory said:
But DUPLICATES ?????? when you could get something you DON'T GOT ????
Oh, yeah, I'm with you on this one :D I've got a couple of duplicates but they're for the trade train, except the MerryDay which will need replacing sooner rather than later :rolleyes: Other than that . . . why????

\m/ Kat

sapienza

thorhammer said:
Other than that . . . why????

Because it's my favourite deck for actually doing readings with. I'm possibly going to be 'working' as a reader next year and if I'm using it then there is a good chance it might wear out. Reading for others with an OOP deck makes me very nervous....surely that's a good reason?

gregory

sapienza said:
Because it's my favourite deck for actually doing readings with. I'm possibly going to be 'working' as a reader next year and if I'm using it then there is a good chance it might wear out. Reading for others with an OOP deck makes me very nervous....surely that's a good reason?
Of course it won't wear out. What DO you do with them - run a sander over them ? NONE of my decks is wearing out - and some I have had for 40 YEARS.

This sounds like an EXCUSE. WE do NOT ALLOW excuses in this thread.

(I have actually forgotten what deck we are deenabling here :| But I speak truth, and I have noodles. }))

magpie9

[size=+4]Bow Down Before She With The Great Big Truth Noodles and Ga-Zillion Un-duplicted Decks![/size]
<...and then meet me later at the Bar at the End of the Universe to talk about the Utter Necessity of duplicating a few Very Special Decks >