All new de-enabling thread

emmsma

Thanks gregory and magpie. I will work with this mini for awhile. If she proves to be fabulous, I can think about a second version.

sapienza

My husband said to me tonight 'I wonder what your tarot collection is worth'? Because I was curious I added up what it would cost me to replace them if anything happened. I was quite amazed by the figure I came up with but realised it was very different to what I'd actually spent on them. So I worked out that figure and was stunned! I've spent a fortune :bugeyed: I then divided the amount by the number of years I've been collecting and then worked out the amount I spent monthly and weekly on tarot decks. Let's just say it was the best de-enabling I've ever done.

Anyone who already has quite a lot of decks and needs de-enabling might like to try it. It worked for me, for now anyway :)

gregory

I have an automatic record of how much I SPENT since about 1975. Every time I get a deck, it updates. It is scary.

Then I look at some on e-bay and realise that by selling maybe 50 of the most speciallest ones, I could recoup that amount.

That scares me so much I hide under the duvet. SO has been muttering about INSURANCE.....

emmsma

IT would be a great pain to try to figure out what I got where and what was paid for and what was a trade.

I think the time it would take to attempt this would keep me from spending for a good chunk of time.

nisaba

gregory said:
That scares me so much I hide under the duvet. SO has been muttering about INSURANCE.....
<laughing hysterically>

gregory

emmsma said:
IT would be a great pain to try to figure out what I got where and what was paid for and what was a trade.

I think the time it would take to attempt this would keep me from spending for a good chunk of time.
Yes - so never set up a database like mine or that time will not be needed.... you just get to sit there with your heart stopping every time that window comes up !

Hemera

I urgently need some de-enabling. New Century Tarot, anyone?? Please :bugeyed:

catti

Hemera~
I will try ;)

I like mine (2003 US GAMES)
BUT
the reproduction is not all it could be. The prints are somewhat "fuzzy" which is a shame because I feel like the originals must have been awesome.
The borders are unnecessary, could have just enlarged the image. This is one of those decks that begs to be clipped but I do not have the proper tools, therefore no nerve to try it.
The size of the card is a bit awkward. Especially for small hands who riffle shuffle.
The pips are only partially illustrated, much like Old English.
In this case, I think the Major Arcana really outshines the Minors.
I understand there may be an earlier production out there that is better quality.
I like mine, I will not be giving it up soon, but it has never been a "go to" deck for me.
Catti

Hemera

catti said:
The borders are unnecessary, could have just enlarged the image. This is one of those decks that begs to be clipped but I do not have the proper tools, therefore no nerve to try it.
The size of the card is a bit awkward. Especially for small hands who riffle shuffle.
Oh no..:bugeyed: My name is Hemera and I´m a deck trimmer...
So you see, this is not helping.. :D I have succesfully trimmed at least 20 decks. (I´m just about to start on the Dream Enchantress)
catti said:
The pips are only partially illustrated, much like Old English.
In this case, I think the Major Arcana really outshines the Minors.

Whereas this.. This helps a lot. Whew, I think I have been succesfully de-enabled (..for now..I think...)
Thank you Catti:)

victoria.star

gregory said:
I have an automatic record of how much I SPENT since about 1975. Every time I get a deck, it updates. It is scary.

Then I look at some on e-bay and realise that by selling maybe 50 of the most speciallest ones, I could recoup that amount.

Perhaps insuring your collection would make the database updates less scary.
You have an awesome collection, gregory, and your love for tarot is inspiring.
:)