All new de-enabling thread

Le Fanu

cardlady22 said:
The shaking off dust & turning away is a Biblical reference. As in, the AP would disavow me for bringing that other and showing my horrendous faithlessness.

Ah, sorry... didn't get it...

Were you also thinking of getting the Universal Worse - I mean the Universal Wirth? Which really isn't an improvement on the Oswald Wirth.

Have you seen the botox in the lips of that Empress?

I have the UW.. went straight onto the shelf. If you're bothered by the Swords as Water switch, that could de-enable you. But the botox factor is far worse...

ETA; ooo clever, sravana, going for the "naive art deals with real feeling" approach. I 'm not sure the artist "inspired by the Alps" would be flattered, but nevermind...

cardlady22

Le Fanu said:
Were you also thinking of getting the Universal Worse - I mean the Universal Wirth? <snipped> If you're bothered by the Swords as Water switch, that could de-enable you. But the botox factor is far worse...

Elemental switches don't bug me. But that botox! :bugeyed:
Even without seeing it, I'm laughing so hard I need to visit the Little Girl's Room. Has anyone seen the movie Ella Enchanted where the stepmother is introduced to BatOx? (Bat droppings and oxen blood)

But that Magician is to die for. I could never get a guy like him in real life . . .

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
ETA; ooo clever, sravana, going for the "naive art deals with real feeling" approach. I 'm not sure the artist "inspired by the Alps" would be flattered, but nevermind...
Inspired by the Alps? Where did you see that?

No no no, not "naive art etc" as you say above, more like "not getting caught up in the details allowing intuition free reign", as Umbrae insisted in the ODW thread - that the IIT was the deck of choice for that.

Le Fanu

sravana said:
Inspired by the Alps? Where did you see that?

Indeed, where did I read that? In a review somewhere... Something about the backgrounds inspired by his love of the Alps (or maybe it is in the LWB?)

I´ll check the LWB, so you don't have to buy the deck ;)

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
Indeed, where did I read that? In a review somewhere... Something about the backgrounds inspired by his love of the Alps (or maybe it is in the LWB?)

I´ll check the LWB, so you don't have to buy the deck ;)
Well?

(the golden rider is now in my TG shopping cart... :))

cardlady22

Re: Golden Rider

It is not going to be a better-color-scheme IIT! I just got the IIT and there is NO substitute.

gregory

cardlady22 said:
It is not going to be a better-color-scheme IIT! I just got the IIT and there is NO substitute.
Who would WANT a substitute for THAT ?

Who would want THAT ???

Just in case anyone thought because you got it it was a good idea. Who wants to read with road signs ?

cardlady22

gregory said:
Just in case anyone thought because you got it it was a good idea.

My choosing a deck should be de-enabling to anyone who is a good reader . . . seeing as I've never read for anyone in my life.

gregory

Never reads eh ? I used to say that and look what they did to me. We must chat.

But in that case you should never buy a deck at all. I got loads of flak soon after I joined up })

nisaba

cardlady22 said:
But that Magician is to die for. I could never get a guy like him in real life . . .
(Mods, this is on-topic. I'm de-enabling her!)

Trust me, you wouldn't want to. Think about it.