All new de-enabling thread

nisaba

sravana said:
(the golden rider is now in my TG shopping cart... :))
Argh! And there was me, thinking you were intelligent! Surely there are enough Riders in print at the moment already! Stop encouraging them - they'll only print more! <runs away screaming>

(As for my ongoing relationship with TG, you'll find that as of yesterday, the ONLY things on my wish-list are out of stock :angel:. I'm Being Virtuous. Lust only after out of stock items and Jeannette almost becomes reasonable at de-enablement.

nisaba

gregory said:
Who would WANT a substitute for THAT ?

Who would want THAT ???

Just in case anyone thought because you got it it was a good idea. Who wants to read with road signs ?
<falling about, helpless with laughter>

sapienza

I've just been sorting through my longer-term wish-list and getting rid of most of it. I really don't think I need any more decks....BUT, there are two things that I still want. Just wondering if anyone can help to de-enable me from them?

First there is La Corte Dei Tarocchi which looks so beautiful.

Then, the Ancient Feminine Wisdom Cards. I know it's an oracle, but it looks very interesting and I love Greek Mythology.

Le Fanu

sapienza said:
First there is La Corte Dei Tarocchi which looks so beautiful

Too long, too rigid, unshufflable and a few of the cards (like, the Sun?) are just the wrong side of corny...

O and you'll "keep it for best" and never touch it!

2_Journey

La Corte Dei Tarocchi is beautiful. It is also exactly as Le Fenu says. The cards are so rigid that I have never been able to figure out a good way to shuffle. Everything I try makes the cards feel like they will rip, warp, bend each other, or just fold. So, you are left with a gorgeous deck that you really want to read with that you just can't use.

It's like being a kid in a candy store filled with beautiful, delicious-looking candy, only to find out the candy is just for show and is made of glass.

magpie9

Corte

I had it, and traded it away. It shuffles like bar coasters, only not as well. It look a lot better in scans than in person. The colors are vague and muddy, it looks like soggy poorly done watercolor. It is an absolute waste of Tarot Deck money that could much better spent on a real classic, like the Miss Cleo.

That's right, you heard it here first...it makes the Miss Cleo look very very good.

Debra

Oh thank heaven Magpie is here to tell the truth as she always does.

I had the same experience with this deck. Wonderful in the scan, big ole' bookmarks in the hand.

I'm not agreeing with the Miss Cleo part though.

Debra

Too girly.

You're better off with the Mythic.

gregory

sapienza said:
:laugh: OK, successfully de-enabled from La Corte Dei Tarocchi. Thanks everyone :)

What about the Ancient Feminine Wisdom cards?
Apologies in advance :) They are here: http://draktarotlibrary.multiply.com/photos/album/226/Ancient_Feminine_Wisdom
This is a tarot thread. If you buy those you will have to LEAVE us. Byebye. :D I am told there is an oracle de-enabling thread but I would never be seen there.... Such decks are beneath me :angel:

Also, they look exactly like all the other decks that look exactly like that, and you can tell this is a bad thing because you know exactly what I mean :D