All new de-enabling thread

nisaba

Aerin said:
It's not a tarot. It's eye candy.
Well, THERE's good de-enabling. Who'd want obese eyeballs!

Chronata

help! It's. Not. Working!!!

Still want the stupid Pamela Coleman Smith thing....with all the pretty shiny happy extras.

wait...How expensive is it really?

I may have just de-enabled myself....

Chronata

magpie9 said:
$22. at Amazon :smoker:

That's it? really?

Cripes...where are you de-enablers? I have that sitting in my paypal RIGHT NOW!

gregory

Chronata said:
That's it? really?

Cripes...where are you de-enablers? I have that sitting in my paypal RIGHT NOW!
It's just another RWS. That is the basic truth behind all the hype. How many have you got ? One is enough. And the colours are muddy. It LOOKS used even when it's new.

And don't forget the POSTAGE from amazon..... Ups the cost rather.

Soon enough someone will break up a set and get shot of the books. That is the ONLY thing in there that the deck hasn't got. If you MUST - wait for that moment.

Chronata

Phew! Thank you so much evelone! That link did it!
It's a multi-language thing? Gack.

and you are right... O' Furry Level-Headed One...I needs only wait for it. I really think I'm more excited about the shiny extras than the actual deck.

though" pre-worn" is kinda a selling point for me! :D

Looks like I'll be saving my money after all....

Vesper

(We'll let you think it's the multi-language one. But the link I meant for you to see was in the 2nd post, where they compare the PCS with the new Lo Scarabeo. The LS has multiple languages - yuck- and a brighter, but still muted coloring. The PCS is dingy and faux-aged. Also, it has copyright lines on every card. On the FRONT of every card. yuck.)

Le Fanu

evelone said:
Check out how dark and grimy it looks, compared to the Original Rider Waite

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=120459

oops, mistaken de-enabling methinks...

Chronata, aren't you talking about the PCS Commemorative set by US Games? The one linked by evelone is the yet-to-be released Lo Scarabeo one with all the titles. (ETA; ah, yes.... 2nd post...)

Sadly, the Commemorative set deck doesn't have titles, so no de-enabling there...

gregory

It's still muddy. VERY muddy. Get a cheap used one and rub it over your driveway.

Aged is good in a lovely antique (like that Etteilla deck from 1900 up on ebay - at $700 the last I looked....)

*this is not enabling; even TCO is passing it up - and he wanted it ;)*

Aged new cards is not good.

ETA LeFanu, I already warned you once; I am putting on the noodles. Wholewheat for extra punch :mad: You are NOT HELPING Chronata here.