All new de-enabling thread

cardlady22

a fluke?

cardlady22 said:
Ananda

Mystic Dreamer

Well, this morning neither of these decks looks good. Did someone send me an astral dose of good sense?

gregory

cardlady22 said:
Well, this morning neither of these decks looks good. Did someone send me an astral dose of good sense?
me me me me OK it wasn't but stick with that - you don't want them ! })

I read for someone with the MD recently and got no feedback. It has to be bad - or to read badly - one or the other...

*OK or maybe I am a crap reader sob*

Le Fanu

sapienza said:
OK, de-enabled for now. But if I see it in a sale.....which, after all, could be quite likely, then I'm going to get it :laugh:

Quite possible. It does have a certain "bargain bin" air about it...

gregory

Le Fanu said:
Quite possible. It does have a certain "bargain bin" air about it...
BARGAIN ??? that deck is not a bargain at ANY price.....

BIN, now - that rings true })

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
Argh! And there was me, thinking you were intelligent! Surely there are enough Riders in print at the moment already! Stop encouraging them - they'll only print more! <runs away screaming
Ha. Well, it's still in my shopping cart, but I haven't bought it yet. And I don't know if I will (oh, my aching REPUTATION!)... but if I need a consolation prize or something, I may punch the "check out" button.

You guys haven't done a very good job of deenabling that Golden Rider. FWIW. Just sayin... ;)
magpie9 said:
I had it, and traded it away. It shuffles like bar coasters, only not as well. It look a lot better in scans than in person. The colors are vague and muddy, it looks like soggy poorly done watercolor. It is an absolute waste of Tarot Deck money that could much better spent on a real classic, like the Miss Cleo.

That's right, you heard it here first...it makes the Miss Cleo look very very good.
NO NO NO. It does NOT make Ms. Cleo look good. It's a lovely deck, that is completely unshufflable long skinny bar coasters. But Ms. Cleo? I don't think so!
gregory said:
Well spotted - both by Kay Steventon.

And both decks are pretty much kind of purple.... I know what I mean, even if you all don't :D
I really cannot abide her decks. That whole "Abe Lincoln" thing in the wands suit of the Spiral. I mean, WTF? (though there are some other lovely cards..)

Had it. Sold it. YEARS and years ago.
cardlady22 said:
I had a look at that Ananda deck - yeeeech.

Vesper

Celestial

The Celestial: Hmm. All those animals squatting over the misty stuff - looks like they're performing bodily functions. That rabbit appears to be farting up a storm. The Boxer looks like she's peeing on your favorite sweater while looking right at you. The pretty horse is missing a leg and there's only half a wolf. He looks confused about it, too. And, speaking of the mist, won't you get really tired of seeing it, when it's on every card?

Aerin

good try....

almost there.....

Starshower

Eugh, I traded it away (& the Spiral too). Something about the art style & those faces is so ... unhealthy & sick-looking. They gave me the creeps.

There are so many thematic correspondences going on that I needed to refer to the booklet with each card & found it impossible to read them directly, intuitively.

The cards are extremely shiny / plasticy & feel horrid.

Hey - this should do it: only some of the constellations work for us in the UK ... many are only visible in the southern hemisphere!